Topper testing

I’m trying hard not to bombard with questions - the grace with which you deal with the sleep deprived is admirable.

I have Dunlop mattresses - tried to test a Talalay topper, but we both know that without the encasement it will ‘read’ softer and thus affect the choice. I tried a 2" PLB Nature and a 3" thick PLB nature topper - both on top of the mattress that I own. They were layed on the mattress and the 2" felt best, the 3" pretty much wanted to fold like a taco shell and felt much too soft. This loose testing is soooo innacurate.

Tips? help

Hi SallyS,

[quote]I have Dunlop mattresses - tried to test a Talalay topper, but we both know that without the encasement it will ‘read’ softer and thus affect the choice. I tried a 2" PLB Nature and a 3" thick PLB nature topper - both on top of the mattress that I own. They were layed on the mattress and the 2" felt best, the 3" pretty much wanted to fold like a taco shell and felt much too soft. This loose testing is soooo innacurate.

Tips? help [/quote] in

The most reliable and lowest risk way to choose a topper that is the best match for you and the mattress you are using it on in terms of PPP is your own careful testing on the specific combination you will be sleeping on so if your testing indicates that the 2" topper is best for you then that’s what I would choose out of the two options you tested.

When you can’t test a specific mattress/topper combination in person then post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to can hep you use your sleeping experience on a mattress as a guideline for choosing a topper that has the highest chance of success.

Either way though … if you aren’t confident that a topper is a good match for you on the specific mattress you are using it on then the options you have after a purchase to either return or exchange the topper would be a more important part of your personal value equation so that you still have good options available if your topper choice doesn’t work out as well for you in your “real life” sleeping experience as you hoped.

Phoenix