Torn to cancel order or wait - Delivered

I ordered a mattress from SelectFoam 7 weeks ago and still have not received it. I have been in constant contact with them since 2 weeks after i ordered. I have been told that the covers were on back order. Dwight has been patient with me and after speaking with him today, he has told me that it will ship on Monday. I told him I have heard that story now for 5 weeks. Still patient with me, they still want my business and he is doing what he can, but 7 weeks and still no shipment. I did a quick search to see if others have had problems, but the ones that did seem to have gotten their mattress already, even if they ordered after me.

I want to hold of but how long should I wait. Reading some of the other posts I see that the Christeli seems to be a good bed. I would be looking at this Briella 13.5-inch Luxury Memory Foam Mattress – Christeli as this is comparable to the tempurpedic cloud elite and the select foam cirrus elite. Not to mention it is a little cheaper, but dont want to compromise quality for price. Also, is the novus bed a good option or BB.

Phoenix, have you heard anything on how backordered select foam is?

Any feedback as always is greatly appreciated.

Tired of Pillowtops and Waiting

Hi tired of pillowtops,

That unfortunate that you have had to wait so long and I would say that you have been very patient with them rather than them being patient with you … that’s certainly a long delay.

I haven’t talked with them in the last few weeks so I don’t have any information about any delays they are experiencing (I left a message for them to call me just before answering your post) but if I was in your shoes and they had told me that it would ship on Monday and had also told me on other occasions that it would ship and hadn’t then I would probably wait until Wednesday or so and if I hadn’t received a tracking number by then I would probably consider cancelling the order. Of course that’s just me so you may feel differently than I would based on your conversations with them.

All of these are good options and are on the memory foam list that is linked in the tutorial post (and Brooklyn Bedding is also a member here) so they would all be well worth considering IMO yes. If you are considering a mattress that is comparable to a different mattress than the Tempurpedic Cloud Elite then I would make sure that you have tested the equivalent mattress to make sure that it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP and have talked with them on the phone and that are comfortable with the return/exchange policy as well before you make your final choice.

Phoenix

Hi tired of pillowtops,

Just as a followup to my last reply I talked with Chris (one of the owners) about the Cirrus Elite and he told me that because it was a new model that was designed to match one of Tempurpedic’s new models there were some delays in ordering the foam and cover for the new design so it would be ready for sale. He said that everything was completed at the factory last Wednesday so it should be shipping out on Monday. I told him about my comments to give it until the middle of next week and he said that would be “fair” and that it should be on its way before then.

It would be great if you could follow up with this and let us know when you have been notified that your order has been shipped.

Phoenix

Well, here we are, exactly 8 weeks after I have placed my order and no mattress has been shipped. No emails or calls notifying me of the status. I was really looking forward to getting this mattress as they say it is really close to the tempurpedic cloud elite. I will cancel my order later today and start the process of searching for that new mattress company and mattress. I will check out the Christeli and Brooklyn Bedding and a few of the others out there. I will let you know what SelectFoam tells me.

Tired of Pillowtops and Waiting 8 Weeks

Well, here we are, exactly 8 weeks after I have placed my order and no mattress has been shipped. No emails or calls notifying me of the status. I was really looking forward to getting this mattress as they say it is really close to the tempurpedic cloud elite. I will cancel my order later today and start the process of searching for that new mattress company and mattress. I will check out the Christeli and Brooklyn Bedding and a few of the others out there. I will let you know what SelectFoam tells me.

Tired of Pillowtops and Waiting 8 Weeks

Dear Tired of Pillowtops,

We’re sorry we did not get you the input you needed regarding your Cirrus Elite order. An email was sent you last Tuesday with the tracking information, but we should have followed up via phone call as well. We take responsibility for that, and have instituted a follow-up phone call with delayed orders to give tracking information going forward. If you could please call us at 1-877-362-6123 we’d like to give you an additional 5% discount on your order for your patience and frustration. If you’d prefer to just cancel, we understand, and wish you the best in your future mattress endeavors.

Best,

Chris, SelectFoam

Tired of Pillowtops,

Thank you for the call and your 5% discount has been administered. We hope you LOVE the bed!!

-SelectFoam

About 30 minuted after posting, I received a call from Chris stating it was shipped out on tuesday and should be here on friday. It was indeed delivered on friday. I have unboxed it and slept on it for one night. I will post in a couple of days my feedback on the mattress. After 8 weeks the mattress was finally delivered. So my frustrations are I had to initiate all communications and emails. I had to reach out to them to get the status of my order. I was also told that I were to receive 2 pillows for the wait, which have not been delivered or even shipped. I will place a call on monday to see where we stand. I will also have something posted on my feedback of the mattress by then as well. I need to ask them a few questions first on the mattress.

Hi tired of pillowtops,

Thanks for the update … I appreciate it.

I’m glad to see that your mattress was finally delivered and I can certainly understand your frustration when you have to initiate the communications to find out the status of your order.

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback about the mattress itself.

Phoenix