TP Rhapsody

Hello all,

Have been looking for a memory foam mattress for some time. I’m a side sleeper that destroys innerspring mattresses in about two years, always with indentations and support lacking at the hips, which leads to back pain. I usually am drawn to the firm mattresses as they seem to support me the best. Also, we have a cheaper memory foam mattress in the guest room and we like it, but its pretty hot, so a mattress that doesn’t lead to sleeping hot is important.

I have been trying out the TPs and the Rhapsody is my favorite.

Have talked to a couple of the members here, and having trouble finding something that has similar feel to the
Rhapsody. Can anyone suggest a mattress that could do the trick?

All help appreciated. Thanks!

Hi ashader,

Unfortunately this is all too common with the mainstream brands and usually has nothing to do with an innerspring and is the result of lower quality materials and foams in the comfort layers on top of the innersprings (or any other support layer or component). A mattress usually softens and breaks down from the top down.

The sleeping temperature of a mattress is the result of a combination of many factors. you can read more about this in post #2 here which can help you make “cooler” choices both in a mattress or in the other parts of a sleeping system that can have just as big an effect on temperature.

You can read about some of the ways to approximate another mattress in post #2 here and outside of testing local mattresses that may have a comparable feel based on your subjective perceptions (which can be unique to each person) … post #12 here has a list of some of the better online memory foam retailers and manufacturers and many of these would be quite familiar with the Rhapsody and would be able to tell you which of their mattresses are closest in terms of feel, quality of materials (durability), or design (value) … and in some cases all three.

Hopefully you’ve read post #1 here which is the best starting point for mattress shopping and if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better local possibilities I’m aware of.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix,

Would be very interested in local options. I’m in the 60045 zip code.

Also, if there are any online, that would be great. The folks at Brooklyn have been helpful, just worried they don’t have a match for what I’m looking for.

Thanks again.

Hi ashader,

Some of the better options I’m aware of in and around the Chicago area are listed in post #2 and #4 here which includes one of the members of this site (Mygreenmattress / Quality sleep) which would likely be the first (and probably the last) place I would visit locally.

A link to the list of the manufacturing members of the site that sell online and a link to a list of some of the better online memory foam options I’m aware of are in the “read first” post I linked in my last reply.

Phoenix