Trump Select by Serta Tranquil Suite

I’m looking for a new queen size bed for a guest room that isn’t used a whole lot. I found the Trump Select by Serta Tranquil Suite at Sam’s online. It’s on sale for $598, which includes the box spring, delivery and removal or old bedding. I worry that at such a price point it is not well made. The promotional material on Sam’s site indicates it has several awards, but I can’t find them listed on the referenced websites. The stats on it are: Serta® Support and Serta® PillowSoft Foam; Continuous Support Innerspring - combines Serta’s continuous coil design with our Head-to-Toe Coil Construction to promote proper back support and undisturbed sleep; Total Edge® Foam Encasement; 13.25" Gauge Wire; and Queen Coil Count – 532.

Anyone have any experience with this model. Is it a deal too good to be true (so I should run from it)?

Hi kirakat,

As you can see in the guidelines here … I would tend to avoid the major manufacturers or any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the type and quality of the materials inside it (see this article).

While durability may not be as big an issue with a guest mattress … you will still be able to find better quality materials in the same or lower price ranges than the materials that are in the Serta you are considering because both the Serta support foam and the pillowsoft layers are very low quality materials (see post #15 here) and would be a significant weak link in this mattress.

There is more about the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here but outside of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) which may also not be as important for a guest mattress because it isn’t for a specific person … a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it and if you don’t know this information then there is no way to identify any weak links in the mattress or make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area and some of the lower budget options that are listed in post #4 here may be well worth considering as well.

Phoenix

Phoenix, thanks so much for the information. I’m in the Dallas area, 75243.

Hi kirakat,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Dallas area are listed in post #4 here.

You’re fortunate to have some very good options available to you.

Phoenix