Trying to decide on DreamFoam Model

Have heard a lot of good things about DreamFoam on this forum and based on the reviews on Amazon. My wife and I are trying to decide which DreamFoam model would be best for us.

We did go and try some Tempurpedic models. We tried the Cloud Luxe and felt it was too cushy for us, but we actually felt the Cloud Luxe Breeze was a little stiffer and very comfortable and we leaned towards that over the Cloud Supreme Breeze, which we both liked, but felt was a tiny bit too firm for us compared to the Luxe Breeze.

We are both “hot” sleepers, so the gel or latex models seemed appealing to us.

So really we are looking for something closer to the Cloud Luxe Breeze, maybe in between the Luxe Breeze and Supreme Breeze.

Any recommendations? Looking for Queen size.

Hi theo2076,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Latex and memory foam are very different from each other so if you are considering a latex or a latex hybrid mattress it would probably be a good idea to test some latex mattresses locally to see which of the two types of foam you tend to prefer. There is more about the differences between them in post #2 here but your own personal experience will be the best way to know which one you tend to prefer. If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know of any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area that may have some latex mattresses available that you can test.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then a more detailed conversation (or chat) with a manufacturer will be your best source of guidance (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). They will have more knowledge and experience with matching their mattresses to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences and the different Tempurpedic models than anyone else.

Phoenix

Thanks for the reply! We are in the Indianapolis area (46074).

Hi theo2076,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Indianapolis area are listed in post #2 here. Several of them make or carry latex or latex hybrid mattresses that could give you a good sense of the difference between the “feel” and response of latex and memory foam.

Phoenix

I should add, we are trying to keep this purchase under $800 all in.

I think we’ve narrowed it down to:

Ultimate Dreams 12-inch Supreme Gel Memory Foam Mattress (compares to the Cloud Supreme)
1.5" of 4lb gel memory foam, 2.5" of 4lb memory foam, 8" base of premium base foam

Ultimate Dreams 13-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress (compares to the Cloud Luxe).
3" of 4lb gel memory foam, 2" of 5lb memory foam, 8" base of premium base foam

As I stated above, we felt the Cloud Luxe was a little too soft for us, but really liked the Cloud Luxe Breeze, which felt a little firmer. So really we’re looking for something in between, and I get the sense the 12-inch “Cloud Supreme” one is going to be closer to what we are after.

Interested if anyone has compared the two?

I cannot give any advice on the other mattress models but i have personally tried the Cloud Luxe breeze and i love it. It is true that it is a little firm, however the firmness puts pressure on your muscles and allow you to wake up very relaxed. I would recommend that one from my experience. The Cloud Supreme has good reviews as well as far as I know

Yeah, we felt the regular Cloud Luxe was too soft, but the Breeze felt really good. We slightly preferred that over the Cloud Supreme. My fear with the DreamFoam 13" is most reviews says it’s as soft if not softer than the Cloud Luxe.

So my hope is if we go with the 12" DreamFoam (similar to the cloud supreme) it will be a little firmer, but not too firm.

Hi Stephnell,

The reviews of the Cloud Supreme on the Tempurpedic site are rather “mixed” (even though there are only a few) but reviews in general are certainly not a great way to assess a mattress anyway since a mattress that works well for one person may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on regardless of the quality or value of the mattress (see post #13 here). IMO … the most relevant comment in the Cloud Supreme reviews on the Tempurpedic site is this one …

Phoenix