Tucker Mattress Company visit

As someone looking for a mattress in the Atlanta area, I’ve noticed there don’t seem to be a ton of options available, and I haven’t seen much detail on Tucker Mattress Company, so I figured I would report back on my visit there this past weekend.

Their showroom is quite small, but they do have 2 different latex mattresses available to try (32 and 40 ILD). The owner was more than willing to provide any details on the materials they use (6 inches of Talalay latex). None of the used car salesman tactics you see at the national chains.

We’re probably going to order our bed from them - we are actually going with a 36 ILD queen mattress, along with an adjustable bed. The price comes to just over $2,300, which is less than half of what I was quoted for a tempur-pedic with adjustable bed setup at one of the big chains. The mattress alone is just under $1,500. The mattress is delivered 2 weeks after ordering.

Overall, a great find in the Atlanta area…

Hi npirog,

They certainly do make some good quality/value mattresses (including the two sided latex mattress you are considering) but you’re right that even though they are on the Atlanta list there hasn’t been many mentions of them on the forum (although a forum search on Tucker will bring up a few).

Unfortunately … it’s also fairly “normal” on any forum that only a relatively small percentage of people end up reporting back about what they ended up buying so I especially appreciate your feedback.

Assuming you decide to pull the trigger … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I also hope you have the chance to share your feedback once you’ve received it and had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix