Tuft & Needle Discount

After about a month of agonizing and searching online resources for my best bet for a mattress for my youngster, including stalking The Mattress Underground forums here, I decided to go with Tuft & Needle too using Kgtuftandneedleā€™s discount code.

While I was originally going for a latex mattress since I care most about what the mattress is made of and itā€™s relative safety for the kids I went with T&N due to the $50 off of an already inexpensive mattress and the points that A) Not a chemical flame retardant, B) Local company to me, less carbon footprint and more readily available contact with them if needed and C) They donate most of their returns to charityā€¦

Anywhoo, since I ordered the mattress I also received a discount/referral code from T&N so Iā€™m posting mine too in the event anyone else is planning to order one from them. Apparently for each person who uses your code you get a $50 refund until your mattress is paid for, which is pretty darned cool. I bought their small 5" with $50 off so just a few orders from others with my code scores my daughterā€™s mattress for free - making it a pretty awesome birthday present if she likes it (her father is building her a bunk bed)!

Once the mattress comes in Iā€™ll update you all as to what I think of it, and also if theyā€™ll give TMU discount along with the initial $50 off. :slight_smile:

Hi KellySilverWise,

Congratulations on your new mattress ā€¦ you certainly made a great choice for a firm mattress in this budget range.

I didnā€™t realize that there was a ā€œbenefitā€ attached to the discount codes that they provide and this makes it part of their ā€œmarketing systemā€. This means that posting the link violates the rules of the forum which donā€™t allow for any links that are ā€œpromotionalā€ or that are used for marketing or advertising reasons so Iā€™ve removed your link (and Kgtuftandneedleā€™s as well).

Iā€™ve left the more non specific information about their discount codes in your post for now (until I give it more thought and decide whether to allow this since itā€™s also ā€œon the edgeā€ of being self promotional or advertising). It also has the potential for abuse as these types of posts grow in number and ā€œcompeteā€ for attention.

In any case ā€¦ Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback when youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to try it out.

Phoenix

Does anyone have an idea of what the lead time is like for a new order? Looking to take the plunge soon but worried it might not come for a while! :unsure:

This is the message I got upon placing my order:

[i]"Congratulationsā€”you just placed your order for a well-crafted, comfortable mattress without having to overpay or haggle with a salesperson. Weā€™re excited to have you join the Tuft & Needle Family.

You can check your order status, track your package, and leave us a comment at any time on your receipt here: Order #8935-7048-0091-5129

At Tuft & Needle, we handcraft our mattresses to order. Weā€™ll notify you shortly when we put the first stitch into your mattress, and again when your order is on the delivery truck with your tracking number.

Feel free to reply to this email with any questions, comments, or suggestions. You can also follow us on Facebook or tweet us @tuftandneedle.

On behalf of the Tuft & Needle Team,

JT and Daehee"[/i]

Iā€™m about to message them my TMU username for that discount so Iā€™ll ask what their turnaround is like too - I need to know for the bunk bed construction anyway. :wink:

And thanks, Phoenix! Your information here has been absolutely fabulous!!

oakridge - Apparently my mattress is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so a quick turnaround time for the basic 5" twin size mattress.

Hi, first off, thanks for the site, and all the good information.

I also just placed an order for their Ten mattress. Canā€™t wait, sounds like it will take 2 days to make and finish the mattress, then a few business days to ship. Very reasonable.

About the problems the one guy was having, those are common to all memory foam mattresses. My parents have Tempurpedic mattresses, and those also have some breakin. I am not sure what Tuft and Needle recommend for breaking in your mattress evenly, but Tempurpedic tells you to walk on your mattress, every inch of it, every day, for a month. If you just start sleeping on it, it will eventually soften where you sleep, and youā€™ll see an indentation as you described.

So thatā€™s my 2 cents. All memory foam will soften to some extent where it is constantly compressed/expanded, so take measures to break in the mattress evenly.

Hi themusgrat,

Congratulations on your new mattress ā€¦ I think you certainly made a great quality/value choice :).

Just for the sake of clarity ā€¦ the Tuft & Needle doesnā€™t have any memory foam in it. Itā€™s a polyfoam mattress and polyfoam is a very different type of foam with a faster response and without the temperature sensitivity of memory foam.

Phoenix

Ah, well you learn something all the time. I should have read more carefully. I would still think that if after a month, there is an indentation, using the mattress evenly, or breaking it in, would help. If something is softer after a month of regular use, the areas not regularly used would obviously not soften.

edit: Iā€™ll get mine in a week or so, and Iā€™ll be experimenting with this. Iā€™ll try to break in all of it except one corner, and report back on the firmness of that corner.

Hi themusgrat,

Youā€™re certainly correct that all new mattresses will go through an initial break in period and there will also be an adjustment period that is part of sleeping on a new sleeping surface that is different from what you are used to (see point 4 in post #2 here).

Itā€™s also a good idea to rotate the mattress more frequently at the beginning so that the initial foam softening can happen more evenly (see post #2 here)

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback once youā€™ve slept on the mattress for a while.

Phoenix

Update on our mattress endeavorsā€¦

Mattress arrived very promptly within a week or ordering. Honestly itā€™s still in the box since our birthday girlā€™s bed isnā€™t constructed yet and we donā€™t want to get the mattress dirty before installing.

Tuft & Needle honored the The Mattress Underground discount in addition to the $50 discount code, which ended up being $13. They were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Hi KellySilverWise,

Thatā€™s great to hear :slight_smile:

Just one more step to go which is when your birthday girl gets to sleep on it.

Thanks for the update.

Phoenix

I just ordered a Tuft and Needle 10" and used a $50 coupon. Waiting to see if I get the mattress underground discount as well.
Appreciate all the great info on this forum and looking forward to getting my mattress. Will probably get a latex or memory foam topper for it as well.

Hi Josephine,

If other members experience is the norm (see post #45 here) ā€¦ you will also receive the TMU discount (NOTE: this may no longer be the case ā€¦ see post #52 here).

Iā€™m sorry I had to remove your link to your discount code because there is a ā€œbenefitā€ attached which is against the rules of the forum (see posts #36 and #37 here). Of course other forum members are still free to ask for a discount code from any members who have purchased a T&N mattress in a private message.

You certainly made a good quality/value choice ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback when youā€™ve received it.

Phoenix

Update to my mattress,

I wanted to update after Iā€™ve used the mattress for a few weeks. GREAT MATTRESSā€¦
It feel much better than mattress 3x the cost. Another positive is that it is very light and can be moved from room to room very easily.

I was really worried because of the relative thinness of the mattress compared to others but this sure does perform. I just hope it lasts. If anyone wants a 50$ coupon to stack on top of the mattressunderground please pm me and Iā€™ll let you know.

Hi Stillmaticbeat,

Thanks for the update ā€¦ and itā€™s good to see that things are working out so well for you with your mattress and that it seems to be a good match for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Unfortunately for me tuft & needle said the mattress underground discount is incompatible with the referral discount :frowning: they said they would honor the 60 day trial period though.

Hi SophiaInBoston,

Thanks for letting us know. They were honoring the stacked discount a little while ago (see here) but this may have been a mistake because in most cases the members here donā€™t allow ā€œstackingā€ two different discounts and you would need to choose the biggest one.

Phoenix

Iā€™m psyched - been seeing a lot about the ā€œSleep Exquisite Tatami Platform.ā€ Is that the best match for a T&N mattress?

Hi mrchrisrodriguez,

As long as it meets Tuft & Needle criteria here then it would certainly be a suitable choice.

Whether itā€™s the ā€œbestā€ choice for you would be a preference issue and would depend on how you liked it compared to any other options you were considering.

Phoenix

Yes, they confirmed that it is a change in policy as of this month.