Tuft & Needle Discount

Thanks for all the work you put in here and for arranging the discounts!

Hi drogers,

Youā€™re very welcome ā€¦ and Iā€™m glad you found us :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I just ordered one yesterday as well, thanks to this website. Today Tuft & Needle confirmed the Mattress Underground discount. the website says that each one is made to order so it may be a while before it ships.

Hi JohnB,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I think you made a great choice and I hope you have the chance to share your thoughts and feedback once youā€™ve received it.

Phoenix

[size=3]I certainly will, although I will wait for a week or two before posting my experiences with this polyfoam mattress.

To everyone who has benefited from the information on this website and those who obtained a discount through it, please consider giving back in return by posting your review of your mattress purchase.

What goes around comes around.[/size]

Thanks! I just ordered my Tuft and Needle 5" Mattress.
Itā€™ll have a nice low profile with my Sleep Exquisite Tatami Platform.
I appreciate this forum, for all the info that has helped me make my decision with a sound mind and not an impulsive one.
Eight months ago when I began my search at the Dept. Store, I knew there HAD to be something better.

Thanks again!

Hi MBKUltra,

Thanks for letting us know that today was the day to ā€œpull the triggerā€ ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As with the other members who have purchased it ā€¦ Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback once youā€™ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it.

Phoenix

This website is the best!

Iā€™ve been lurking on here for a couple weeks now, as Iā€™ve been hunting for a new mattress, and this is the only reliable source of info Iā€™ve found. Phoenix, you do a great job cultivating this community.

Iā€™ll be purchasing a queen sized T&N mattress very soon, and will gladly return at some point to post my thoughts. Thanks so much for all of the invaluable info and for securing discounts on so many wonderful products!

Hi CalBearRJ,

Iā€™m glad you found us and that the site could help you :slight_smile:

Iā€™m looking forward to your feedback once you pull the trigger and of course once youā€™ve had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

I just bought one and saved money. Been sleeping on it for a week and love it! Canā€™t feel anyone move!? Even the kids! And they donā€™t feel me get up!

Hi Kgtuftandneedle,

Sometimes a username or the fact that a first post is more ā€œpromotionalā€ than asking for information can indicate that a member is somehow linked to a company they link to rather than just being a customer that is sharing their experience so as long as you can confirm that you are only a customer and arenā€™t directly or indirectly connected to Tuft & Needle then there is no problem posting a link and of course any information about discounts or feedback about your experience is always appreciated.

The discount has a sense of ā€œurgencyā€ attached to it because of itā€™s expiry (which can sometimes lead to poor choices or choices made for the wrong reasons) so it would only be of real value to someone that had completed their research and had already decided on a Tuft & Needle purchase but for those that havenā€™t then they still have the ā€œregularā€ discount and extended trial that is offered to the members of the forum. Iā€™m not sure if they ā€œstackā€ both discounts which would be better yet but isnā€™t a requirement for the retailers or manufacturers that are members here.

ADDED: I have since learned that there is a ā€œbenefitā€ attached to the discount code and that itā€™s part of their marketing system (see posts #36 and 37 here) which would mean that itā€™s more of a promotional or marketing link and would be against the forum rules so Iā€™ve deleted the link.

In any case I appreciate your feedback and I think you made a good quality/value choice ā€¦ and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Well, I promised some feedback, so here goes.

Iā€™ve had my 5" and 10" T&N for a few months now and REALLY tried to make them work, but they just didnā€™t. Back felt worse with these mattresses than even the fairly severly rutted Habitat latex which is less than 7 years old. Theyā€™re just too firm and the 5" started to get rutted in the middle after about a month. The mattress which gives me the least back pain upon rising is an old Select Comfort air mattress. Itā€™s a little tricky getting the right firmness dialed in, but once you get it into the right sweet range, I havenā€™t found anyting better for me. Thinking of possibly upgrading to one of their newer models but will probably try them out at the store first.

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I can understand your response. This might seem like a promotional post as it was short and to the point. I am a customer who just purchased my bed 2 weeks ago and received it last week. My husband has been wanting a bed like crazy! Says his back hurts him all the time and wants something new. He has been looking at so many different companies and spending hours and hours looking at what is the best material, best prices, etc.(always refering back to the mattress undergroundā€¦to see what was said!)ā€¦ Then he talked about tuft and needle. I saw their website and it all made sense! I told him to order it and that I loved the price.

He never did. Said I only wanted it because it was cheaper than the other ones he was looking at! Partly true but I also liked the 30 day trial. Wellā€¦months later we still donā€™t have a bed. He found a company he wanted to order from but then realized the material was not 100 percent pure as he thought. Anyways we came back to the tuft and needle. We had nothing to lose as they have the 30 day trialā€¦so he finally let me order it!

I did not go into too much detail on my first post with the discount link as I noticed this thread was titles Tuft and Needle Discountā€¦so I figured as opposed to someone looking at this thread for information on the company and the bedā€¦ they would be looking at this thread because they wanted a discountā€¦which I provided.

I can show a copy of my emailed receipt order to prove this if necessary.

Thanks again!! Kristina

I also put my username as KGtuftandneedle and I was only signing up to post in this thread to help others who wanted a discount.

Hi Dave_C,

A firm 5" polyfoam mattress isnā€™t for everyone but the good news is that you had the foresight to choose a company and a mattress with a good return policy that is ā€œpainlessā€ so you could test it in person and then decide whether to keep it based on your actual experience.

Thanks for your feedback ā€¦ and I appreciate your comments :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Hi Kgtuftandneedle,

Your word is certainly good enough for me :slight_smile:

I just need to check from time to time to maintain the integrity of the forum (so it doesnā€™t become an advertising medium instead of an educational forum).

I appreciate all your comments and feedback ā€¦ and that you posted the link to the discount ā€¦ thank you.

Phoenix

@ Dave_C

When you say ā€œthe 5 inch started to get rutted in the middle after a monthā€, do you mean it is beginning to sag? Iā€™m about 200 lbs and was considering the T&N.

Yep, good to have the return policy, but I didnā€™t use it as Iā€™m expecting some guests this summer and do need the sleeping space, so theyā€™ll still come in handy. And, BTW, I had the same problem with the 10". Just didnā€™t work well for me, which is unusual because I usually do well with firm mattresses. Great to have this site to share these issues! :slight_smile:

Hi jfmugen,

It would be very unlikely that a good quality polyfoam in that density range would be showing any significant visible impressions after a period of a few months unless it was defective.

@Dave_C,

Would it be possible to post a picture that showed the impressions or ā€œruttingā€?

Phoenix

It was starting to cause me to ā€œrollā€ in to the center of the mattress, just my latex mattress did. So, yes, it was sagging and seemed to be getting softer in the center, both of which contributed to that rolling sensation. Iā€™m only 150, but a heavier person has sleep on it recently and did enjoy the experience (for one night). So, the extra weight probably helps to counteract the stiffness, but may also cause it to breakdown faster.

Interesting, I feel like that points to defective materials for sure right? Sagging after a month of use by only an 150 lbs person is suspect, maybe contact T&N? Could you post some pictures? That would be helpful.