Tuft & Needle vs Brooklyn Bedding

Hi,
Thanks for the site,
I am looking for a new mattress, and the selection very limited here on Kauai, pretty much Serta. I have always had a innerspring mattress, but am now considering foam, partially because they will ship here. The two main ones I am looking at are the Tuft & Needle and Brooklyn Bedding. I like that Brooklyn bedding has the latex with cotton quilted top. However, since I cannot try either one, I am not sure which way to go. I have back issues and need a supportive mattress, but don’t want hard.
Which of the two do you think would be more durable and less prone to sagging?
Overall opinion of the two?
Mahalo,
Erica

Hi Ricaloha,

While I can’t speak to which one you would prefer in terms of feel and performance … you can see my thoughts about both of them along with some of the other “one choice fits all” mattresses in post #3 here.

While both of them are good quality/value and durable choices … the Brooklyn Bedding uses 4" of latex in the top layers and 2 lb polyfoam in the base layer and the Tuft & NEedle uses 3" of high performance 2.8 l;b polyfoam in the top layer and 1.8 lb polyfoam in the base layer so the Brooklyn Bedding would have the edge in terms of durability but this would probably be more important for those that are in higher weight ranges than it would be for those that are in “average” or lower weight ranges.

The latex in the Brooklyn Bedding comfort layers would also be a more resilient and “lively” material than the high performance polyfoam in the comfort layers of the Tuft & Needle and would be more “in between” the feel of memory foam and latex (less resilient than latex but more resilient than memory foam) but this would be a preference choice rather than a better/worse choice.

Phoenix