Turt&Needle suggestions

I am planning to buy Turt&Needle queen mattress. My body produces lot of heat, so memory foam is not a choice for me, but this turt & needle mattress tend to circulate air and keep the body cool. Any suggestions.

Hi mhentry,

It sounds like you have already decided to purchase one so I’m not clear what type of suggestions you are looking for.

There is more about the type and quality of the materials in the Tuft & Needle mattress along with many of the other what I call “simplified choice mattresses” in post #2 here in the simplified choice mattress topic and post #1 in the same topic would be well worth reading as well. A forum search on Tuft Needle (you can just click the link) will also bring up many more comments and feedback about it.

While it’s not possible to quantify or predict the sleeping temperature of a mattress for any particular person with any real accuracy because there are so many variables involved including the type of mattress protector and the sheets and bedding that you use (which in many cases can have just as significant an effect on temperature as the type of foam in a mattress) and on where you are in the “oven to iceberg” range and because there is no standardized testing for temperature regulation with different combinations of materials … there is more about the many variables that can affect the sleeping temperature of a mattress or sleeping system in post #2 here that can help you choose the types of materials and components that are most likely to keep you in a comfortable temperature range.

In very general terms … the layers and components of a sleeping system that are closer to your skin will have a bigger effect on airflow, moisture wicking, and temperature regulation than layers and components that are further away from your skin and softer mattresses will tend to be more “insulating” and for some people can sleep warmer than firmer mattresses.

If you have any other questions that are a little more specific I’d certainly be happy to answer them to the best of my ability as well.

Phoenix