Twin XL "SPLIT KING" Gap issue. How to solve?

Any recommendations on how to solve this center gap issue? We haven’t decided on a bed frame yet, so perhaps that’s a part of the issue. But we are using 2 raze adjustable beds with the wheels locked. But still the beds part in the middle after our 60 pound boxer lays in the “void” i have read on amazon about the “create a king” but it doesn’t have great reviews and seems cheap. I’ve also read about a masterlock strap that some say works… While majority say isn’t big enough. I’m at a loss. I just can’t throw a topper on the new foams we bought, seems dumb. And additionally we don’t like them. I don’t think that’d solve them pushing apart anyway. Does anyone have any past recommendations that they’ve used? Keep in mind, this is for a dual adjustable split king setup. So even then, i am not sure straps would work…

Hi willwill,

Post #8 here has some options that I’m aware of (for the mattress) but I don’t think there is a perfect solution to turn a split king mattress into a single king size.

If the issue is that the adjustable beds are separating (rather than the mattress) then some rubber caster cups (such as these or something similar) under the legs or a strap around the legs that can be cinched very tight may help prevent them from sliding apart.

I would keep in mind that with all of the solutions that will fill in the gap in the mattress you would lose the ability to raise and lower each side independently (at least without first removing and replacing the material in the middle) which is the main reason for a split king in the first place.

Phoenix