Two Questions

Hi Phoenix:

Just heard of this The World's First Comfort Tech Company Backed by Science | Purple - See more at: http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/threw-away-sleep-number-for-intellibed/#sthash.Tljdl4bv.dpuf Do you have any knowledge of this intellibed made out of gel consisting of baby oil and has no toxic retardants chemicals?

Also, was thinking of a topper for my superfirm mattress that I wrote you about in past and perhaps you can recommend one you like?
My latex topper of 3-4 years old, is now too lumpy to be supportive.

I do indeed look forward to your reply with this and so appreciate what you are doing.

Best

Janice

Hi Relaxation,

You can see my thoughts about buckling column gel (Intelligel is one version of buckling column gel) and the Intellibed in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

Mineral oil is one part of the chemical formula that is used to manufacture it.

[quote]Also, was thinking of a topper for my superfirm mattress that I wrote you about in past and perhaps you can recommend one you like?
My latex topper of 3-4 years old, is now too lumpy to be supportive.[/quote]

Latex normally doesn’t get “lumpy” (this is usually from springs that you can feel underneath the top foam layers or from fiber materials that have bunched together or compressed unevenly) so it may be worthwhile checking the mattress underneath it to see if that is where the “lumpiness” is coming from.

There are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to recommend a specific mattress or topper for someone else based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” with any certainty (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here) but there are some topper guidelines in post #2 here that may help you use your sleeping experience on your mattress as a reference point and guideline to help you decide on the type, thickness, and firmness of a topper that would have the best chance of success.

The type of material in your topper would normally be a preference choice but if you are interested in trying a topper material that you aren’t familiar with or have tried tested or tried previously or if you aren’t reasonably certain that a topper will be a suitable choice for you in combination with your mattress then the return or exchange policies would become a much more important part of the “value” of your purchase so you have good options available if the topper doesn’t work out as well as you hoped for so you aren’t “stuck” with a topper that you can’t sleep well on.

Phoenix