two sided Leggett and Platt latex mattress

Phoenix, what’s your thoughts as far as the pros and cons of a two sided latex mattress? Leggett and Platt offers one that I’m considering and I believe it is also available from Costco. Most of the latex mattresses I’ve been looking at have been one side or customizable.

Hi Wrewster,

You can see my thoughts about the pros and cons of a two sided mattress in post #3 here and the posts it links to.

Phoenix

quilted cover is 1" soft foam, 2" 24ILD Natural Talalay Latex; 6" 32 ILD Natural Talalay Latex; 2" 40 ILD Talalay Latex; ( quilted cover : 7/8 firm foam. ** This is under the 3" you recommend for the very top/bottom layer so this might be worthy mattress for me to look into. It’s also sold at Costco as the Nature’s Caress from what I’ve read. So off to Costco we go for a road trip!! Time to see if this meets the PPP.

Hi Brewster,

I only recommend a mattress “as a whole” that is a good match for a particular person in terms of PPP and that uses good quality materials regardless of the thickness of any particular layer. While 3" is a good guideline for a two sided mattress so that any soft layers on the bottom have less risk of causing alignment issues (and this mattress has the firmest layer on one side so the design is more like a one sided mattress) … there are always exceptions to any rule and personal experience always “trumps” theory.

Good luck with your testing :).

Phoenix

It turned out that Costco did not have any mattresses you could test, worse than that they didn’t have any quality mattresses in the store, only available on there web site. Definitely not a wasted trip though with a visit though as we tested the WJ Southard and Savvy Rest brands of latex mattresses.