UK -sleeping duck mattresses

Hi paddyb,

Only if you are buying into the marketing rather than using more objective criteria :slight_smile:

I would keep in mind that “different” may not mean “better” and that the only way to know whether any mattress will be a good “match” for you in terms of PPP will be based on your own personal experience.

According to their site you can either flip the top layer to change the firmness and you can also exchange the top layer for a different firmness level as well should that be necessary. This would also mean that you could replace just the top layer if it softens or breaks down before the deeper layers in the mattress (which is quite likely) or if your needs and preferences change over time without needing to replace the complete mattress.

Of course as I mentioned in my other reply … I would make sure that you can find out all the information here about any mattress you are considering before making any purchase.

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful … I would always keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would be cautious about about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because most consumers have little knowledge about mattresses and mattress materials or how to assess the quality of the materials in a mattress and any mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words … reviews in general certainly won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and any firmness level options they have to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with than anyone else.

Unlike linked innersprings which can’t be roll packed and compressed … most pocket coils can be compressed for shipping just like foam mattresses.

I would talk with them about your firmness choice and I would make sure that you can find out all the information here although based on post #1 earlier in this topic it seems that they won’t provide the information you need about their foam densities to make an informed choice which for me would be reason enough to pass the mattress by.

While I haven’t talked with them in person … based on the time I’ve spent on their website I would certainly consider them to be transparent and they provide reliable information about their mattresses and mattress materials and I think they would certainly be among the better UK choices I’ve seen (see post #5 here as well).

Phoenix