Ultimate Dreams 10''

Thanks to Phoenix and everyone for their comments, I’ve learned a lot about mattresses these past few days and decided on getting the 10’’ UD one from amazon. But I am now trying to decide on the firmness level and am not sure what to get because it seems like there are people who think the 8 is not soft enough and others who say the 6 is too hard… I’m been to the stores to try out some of the mattresses but im in Canada right now and can’t seem to find many latex ones in stores so I’m hoping to gain some more advice from you guys. I’m 6ft and 150 lbs and sometimes my back is sore when I first lie down on my bed. I normally don’t mind the firmness too much unless it’s hurting my shoulders somewhat from lying on my side but I don’t want to sink in too much when I get in bed, and I also don’t want to have heat issues when I sleep.
I’ve tried the Sealy Optimum cava which I was told is a soft mattress and I liked the feel although it might be a little too soft for when I sleep on my back. I feel like maybe 7 would be better for my side sleeping but I am also leaning towards a 6 or even 5 so that I don’t get back problems when I sleep on my back… esp since I COULD get a topper to soften it (although I would rather not)

I would greatly appreciate any comments from people who were in similar situations or can give me some more guidance on what to get… thanks!

Hi tyrinn,

As you can see in mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here … there are really only two good ways to make comfort choices. One is your own personal testing on similar mattresses and the other is more detailed phone conversations with the retailer or manufacturer.

I would strongly encourage you not to go by other people’s experiences on a mattress as a way to make your own choices because as you have already seen this is very subjective and soft to one is firm to the next and what is “perfect” for one person may be completely unsuitable for another.

Other than your own personal testing on a very similar mattress (which may not be available in a particular area) … a phone call (not email or chat) with the retailer or manufacturer themselves is always the best source of guidance for making comfort choices.

Phoenix