Ultimate Dreams latex mattress life expectancy/ wear patterns

Hello, I have been loving the amount of information on this site, which has led me to considering the dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams latex mattress.

However, I was wondering if anyone had any information about the longevity of this mattress or mattress type. Also, will latex/foam sag like a normal spring mattress as it gets old, or does it degrade differently? I was also wondering if the eurotop version would last any longer, with the replaceable top and extra foam.

Thanks!

Hi turkishmonky,

There is more about all the many factors involved in the durability of a mattress and how it relates to the specific person using it in post #2 here.

As you can see the “weak link” of most mattresses is in the upper or comfort layers and latex is ideal for this because it is the most durable of all the foams. It’s always the construction and materials that will determine the durability not the company that puts the materials into a mattress. In other words … a mattress with the same construction and materials will have the same durability and longevity no matter who makes it.

All foam materials will soften over time (to different degrees for different body types and sleeping styles) but good quality latex will do this less than any other foam material. The 1.5" polyfoam used in the quilting layer will also soften but it’s thin enough that this will have little effect on the feel and performance of the mattress. The support layer is high quality polyfoam and the support layers are not the weak link of this or most other mattresses.

Overall … this has the type of construction and materials where the risk and degree of “sagging” would be significantly less than the large majority of more 'traditional" mattresses (it’s not the springs that normally sag with these but the foam above the springs which is much lower quality) or most of the major brand mattresses regardless of whether they have an innerspring support layer that also use thicker layers of much lower quality materials in the comfort layers.

Post #2 here has a comparison of the Ultimate Dreams with the benefits of the Eurotop with a replaceable comfort layer.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix!

You have been very helpful.