Ultimate Dreams Supreme Gel Memory Foam Mattress or Memory Foam under $1000

Hello! I am new here so I apologize if this has been covered, but I couldn’t find anything on point. I am looking for a memory foam mattress under $1000 (queen). First, I came across the Dreamfoam Supreme Gel mattress, which is supposed to mimic the Cloud Supreme (not the Cloud Luxe as other posts have discussed).

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Dreams-Supreme-Memory-Mattress/dp/B00CYUJEHE

Can anyone give me their experience and thoughts on the mattress and materials? How does it stack up to its price?

Also, other recommendations for under $1000 (or near to) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Hi skyserfin,

Dreamfoam is a member of this site which means that I think very highly of them and believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality and value in every budget range.

The 12" Ultimate Dreams Supreme uses 4 lb memory foam over 1.5 lb polyfoam which would certainly be suitable for most people in “average” weight ranges or where budget was the primary consideration although if you are in a higher than average weight range I would consider one of the mattresses made by their sister company Brooklyn Bedding which use higher density foams.

I would also make sure you’ve read tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices and also has a link to some of the better online memory foam mattress manufacturers and retailers I’m aware of (post #12 here to save you looking it up :)). Some of these also sell a mattress that is similar in terms of PPP to the Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme at much lower prices than Tempurpedic.

There is also more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one in post #9 here and the posts it links to.

There are also some comments and feedback about the Ultimate Dreams 12" Supreme in this thread that may be helpful.

Phoenix

Thank you so much for the information Phoenix. I’ve found this site to be more than helpful in my search for a better night’s sleep.

Do you have any specific recommendations along the price point and quality of the Dreamfoam? I know there are better materials, but I’m trying to keep it around that cost, if possible. I’ve looked at most of the recommended manufacturers/retailers from this site, but having a hard time to find something comparable. For example, the Tuft and Needle mattresses seem to be on a difference price point, but their website is pretty vague about details. I’ve read posts on here as well.

I’ve also looked into Select Foam and Brooklyn Bedding (sister site) but those seem to be about $500 - $1000 more.

Thanks again.

Hi skyserfin,

No … there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to make specific mattress suggestions for someone else based on “theory at a distance” so my goal is to help the members eliminate the worst options, to help with “how” to choose, and to help provide them with the information they need to decide on which mattress is the best “match” for their own personal value equation. I leave the specific final choices up to the members themselves based on their own personal testing for PPP or more detailed conversations with each manufacturer they are considering who are the best source of guidance to help their customers choose the mattress they offer that is the best match for them in terms of PPP (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here and the more detailed information in the tutorial post).

Tuft and needle is a different mattress that uses polyfoam not memory foam so it would be an apples to oranges comparison although it is also good quality/value for its budget range (they use 3 layers of polyfoam that is about 2 lb density).

Yes … the Brooklyn Bedding mattresses are generally in a higher budget range. Many of them use higher quality materials and/or have more customization options and/or different exchange or return options.

Phoenix