Ultimate Dreams Supreme Gel Memory Foam Mattress Review - 12"

Actually now that you said it is a bit more firm than the Cloud Supreme I re-read your first post and noticed that there. I spoke with my wife and she was glad to know it may be a bit more firm than the Cloud Supreme since it felt nearly perfect for her while the Luxe was just horrible for both of us, and a bit more firm would be OK. So after a week+ of research online I went ahead and ordered the Ultimate Dreams Supreme Gel Memory Foam Mattress - 12" / King (Amazon.com) and with Prime shipping I should have it and be able to report as to what we think by this weekend (est delivery of Thursday!).

We still need to find a frame for this, but for now it will sit on our floor once I tare down our old waterbed frame w/ Waterbed Queen mattress (horrible!). What kind of frame did you end up getting?

P.S. Please do post to Amazon since I know a lot of people do not research outside of the reviews there. I plan to post a review as soon as I can and then update it, because I feel it is good for the product to have the information available in multiple places!

techieg33k, you’re the first person other than me who I’ve seen say they’re ditching a queen waterbed in favor of something else! I was so glad to see my waterbed dismantled I didn’t know what to do. Was yours a soft or hard sided waterbed? Mine was a soft-sided that somehow was just too firm for me, yet left me feeling like I didn’t have enough support.

Since it was a soft sided bed, and Phoenex didn’t have a good reason for me not to use the same foundation, that’s what I did - put my new Dunlop latex bed right on the old but still good as new waterbed foundation and frame.

Hope you love your new bed as much as I love mine!

Way too soft and my wife and I wake up in pain every morning. We’ve tried better pillows to help, but that still didn’t do anything for my back.
If we were going Queen I’d have used the same frame, but we are going with a King so I could use the frame with some adjusting and additions, but instead I think we will just find something new.

Good luck with your new bed. I actually asked about buying a frame in this thread:

We ended up getting a frame at a local furniture store (Puritan Furniture).

Thanks, I have read through that so I have a good idea, but was just looking for something like what you just said :slight_smile: I will hunt Amazon and places like that since what is around here might be nice, but is also very costly and for now I just need a frame and the headboard can come later :wink:

Hi techieg33k,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

You’ve probably already read this but just in case there are some options for foundations/frames and a few platform beds in the foundation thread here.

Phoenix

Thanks and trust me I will post back my thoughts and experience plus will put a Amazon review up.

I sure have, but was going to go hunting so will actually show it to the wife.

I hope this Dreamfoam mattress works out for you. I have been waffling for weeks between this one and the 13" model that is supposed to be more similar to the Cloud Luxe. When we compared the Tempurpedic models in the showroom we felt we wanted something between the Supreme and the Luxe. The reviews suggest the 13" is a bit firmer than the Luxe so I pulled the trigger at Amazon tonight. Love this site and sure hope I made the right decision!

Based on what I have read then Supreme and Luxe mid-ground would be the 13" so I guess your in the same boat I am just waiting to see how it all works out. Good luck and please let us know what you think about your 13" !

Hi Fusefuse,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Of course I’m also looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

Got the 12" in today and even though the box was almost ruined (well pretty much ruined - guessing Dreamfoam Bedding needs to use a slightly heavier box since the box was way to “weak” for the weight and Amazon.com didn’t repack it) after it’s last stop at our local FedEx depot.
Still the bed and it’s packing was 100% with no signs of damage so I went ahead and opened it up. So far it’s awesome and I’d have to agree it’s a bit more firm than the Cloud Supreme.

Once I get a few nights sleeping on it I’ll review more.

EDIT: Just got up from a nap (yeah, yeah I didn’t give it 24-48 hours) and it did wonders for my back and neck already. Can’t wait to test it out on a full nights sleep :slight_smile:

After stressing for months I pulled the trigger yesterday on this mattress. Now I am stressing out about the foundation.
I read the thread on foundations but still not sure what to do. I am considering two local options that I can pickup. Can someone look at these and let me know if they will work? We have a king size bed frame that uses twin xl box springs/foundations that rest on slats.

First is at Big Lots
http://m.biglots.com/mt/www.biglots.com/p/serta-split-king-foundation

And the second is at Ikea.

Hi tnen,

It’s always a good idea to check with a manufacturer if you are in doubt about a foundation but I can at least tell you that the Serta foundation would be fine.

I would be a little cautious with and probably avoid the Ikea because they don’t list the specifics of the construction (how far apart the slats are) especially if they use a solid surface of cardboard on top which will affect the ventilation under your mattress (see post #10 here).

Any of the foundations or frames in the foundation post would also be fine.

Phoenix

Thanks for the help. I bought the serta today at Big Lots. Pretty good deal, they had it on sale for 150 for two twin xl foundations and then took another 20% off for storewide sale they were having. So I got the set 120. Now I am just waiting for the mattress to arrive. Hope this all works out!

Hi tnen,

It sounds like you’re all set … and now all you need is the mattress :slight_smile:

I also forgot to mention … congratulations on your new mattress. I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

This bed seems to be in the right price range for me. My girlfriend likes the Tempur Pedic Cloud Supreme and I do as well.

Is there any warranty on the bed like the Tempur?

How long do you guys think this mattress will last?

Is there a box spring this mfg recommends or one that would be good? I have a queen bed.

thanks for the help!

Yeah this is just a bit more firm than the Tempur Pedic Cloud Supreme, but my wife and I loved the Cloud Supreme and are veyr happy with this one from Dreamfoam Bedding.

Only 10 years according to Chuck (when you e-mail them via Amazon it’s always Chuck who replied) and that’s 5 year replacement and 5 year pro-rated. I am sure Phoenix can confirm this.

I don’t have a good gauge yet, but I am hoping for quite a long time :wink: But at the price if I had to replace it every 10 years it would still be cheaper :wink: Maybe Phoenix has a better idea?

No clue, we have ours on the bed and you don’t need a “box spring” but some kind of frame system.

thanks for the help. i tried to email and call - but think they may be closed today. i saw the dream luxe 13 in model was a 20 year warranty on the amazon page so i was hoping this would be too. :frowning:

i checked their site and they dont have any mattress supports for sale.

maybe i could just get the Seally box spring from sams club?

im still thinking of getting this 12 in model over the luxe - but the lower warranty and lack of long term reviews has me a little worried. but your right - 10 years from now would still be a good deal.

Hi FGCU,

I replied to most of your questions in the other thread here :slight_smile:

They sell a foundation/frame here and their sister site Brooklyn Bedding has foundation suggestions here that would apply to the Dreamfoam mattresses as well.

The foundation thread here also has more information and suggestions for suitable foundations.

Phoenix

I will be back hopefully this weekend for a full week+ review of the Ultimate Dreams Supreme Gel Memory Foam Mattress - 12" but just got home too late to really write a good review.

Quick review: Awesome!