Ultimate Dreams Supreme Gel Memory Foam Mattress Review - 12"

I hope this Dreamfoam mattress works out for you. I have been waffling for weeks between this one and the 13" model that is supposed to be more similar to the Cloud Luxe. When we compared the Tempurpedic models in the showroom we felt we wanted something between the Supreme and the Luxe. The reviews suggest the 13" is a bit firmer than the Luxe so I pulled the trigger at Amazon tonight. Love this site and sure hope I made the right decision!

Based on what I have read then Supreme and Luxe mid-ground would be the 13" so I guess your in the same boat I am just waiting to see how it all works out. Good luck and please let us know what you think about your 13" !

Hi Fusefuse,

Congratulations on your new mattress as well :slight_smile:

Of course I’m also looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

Got the 12" in today and even though the box was almost ruined (well pretty much ruined - guessing Dreamfoam Bedding needs to use a slightly heavier box since the box was way to “weak” for the weight and Amazon.com didn’t repack it) after it’s last stop at our local FedEx depot.
Still the bed and it’s packing was 100% with no signs of damage so I went ahead and opened it up. So far it’s awesome and I’d have to agree it’s a bit more firm than the Cloud Supreme.

Once I get a few nights sleeping on it I’ll review more.

EDIT: Just got up from a nap (yeah, yeah I didn’t give it 24-48 hours) and it did wonders for my back and neck already. Can’t wait to test it out on a full nights sleep :slight_smile:

After stressing for months I pulled the trigger yesterday on this mattress. Now I am stressing out about the foundation.
I read the thread on foundations but still not sure what to do. I am considering two local options that I can pickup. Can someone look at these and let me know if they will work? We have a king size bed frame that uses twin xl box springs/foundations that rest on slats.

First is at Big Lots
http://m.biglots.com/mt/www.biglots.com/p/serta-split-king-foundation

And the second is at Ikea.

Hi tnen,

It’s always a good idea to check with a manufacturer if you are in doubt about a foundation but I can at least tell you that the Serta foundation would be fine.

I would be a little cautious with and probably avoid the Ikea because they don’t list the specifics of the construction (how far apart the slats are) especially if they use a solid surface of cardboard on top which will affect the ventilation under your mattress (see post #10 here).

Any of the foundations or frames in the foundation post would also be fine.

Phoenix

Thanks for the help. I bought the serta today at Big Lots. Pretty good deal, they had it on sale for 150 for two twin xl foundations and then took another 20% off for storewide sale they were having. So I got the set 120. Now I am just waiting for the mattress to arrive. Hope this all works out!

Hi tnen,

It sounds like you’re all set … and now all you need is the mattress :slight_smile:

I also forgot to mention … congratulations on your new mattress. I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

This bed seems to be in the right price range for me. My girlfriend likes the Tempur Pedic Cloud Supreme and I do as well.

Is there any warranty on the bed like the Tempur?

How long do you guys think this mattress will last?

Is there a box spring this mfg recommends or one that would be good? I have a queen bed.

thanks for the help!

Yeah this is just a bit more firm than the Tempur Pedic Cloud Supreme, but my wife and I loved the Cloud Supreme and are veyr happy with this one from Dreamfoam Bedding.

Only 10 years according to Chuck (when you e-mail them via Amazon it’s always Chuck who replied) and that’s 5 year replacement and 5 year pro-rated. I am sure Phoenix can confirm this.

I don’t have a good gauge yet, but I am hoping for quite a long time :wink: But at the price if I had to replace it every 10 years it would still be cheaper :wink: Maybe Phoenix has a better idea?

No clue, we have ours on the bed and you don’t need a “box spring” but some kind of frame system.

thanks for the help. i tried to email and call - but think they may be closed today. i saw the dream luxe 13 in model was a 20 year warranty on the amazon page so i was hoping this would be too. :frowning:

i checked their site and they dont have any mattress supports for sale.

maybe i could just get the Seally box spring from sams club?

im still thinking of getting this 12 in model over the luxe - but the lower warranty and lack of long term reviews has me a little worried. but your right - 10 years from now would still be a good deal.

Hi FGCU,

I replied to most of your questions in the other thread here :slight_smile:

They sell a foundation/frame here and their sister site Brooklyn Bedding has foundation suggestions here that would apply to the Dreamfoam mattresses as well.

The foundation thread here also has more information and suggestions for suitable foundations.

Phoenix

I will be back hopefully this weekend for a full week+ review of the Ultimate Dreams Supreme Gel Memory Foam Mattress - 12" but just got home too late to really write a good review.

Quick review: Awesome!

Hi techieg33k,

I’m looking forward to the more detailed version but “awesome!” sounds great :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Full review:

My new wife and I purchased a king-size Ultimate Dreams Supreme Gel Memory Foam Mattress just a few weeks ago after reading the first review in this post. We bought it on Amazon and it was shipped quickly with Prime since it is warehoused by Amazon, though the box came in almost falling off of the mattress. The mattress itself was stil sealed nice and tightly and once home and opened started to return to it’s normal shape rather quickly and I couldnt’ tell if it was done or not within 10-15 minutes because it looked full sized to me.

We never noticed any odor at all coming from the mattress. We did note our King sized sheets (had a waterbed queen before, so that is what we were buying) look good, but the fitted sheet doesn’t fit around the bed anymore so we will need to look for something a bit bigger there.

As the previous refer has said it is much like the Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme, but a bit more firm which is exactly what we were looking for.

We both use to wake on and off during the night and when we would get up we would have aches and pains that weren’t there the night before and now we sleep through the night much better (fighting allergies, so that is why it’s not a perfect night sleep) and wake up with only those pains you got from working too hard :wink:

I hope to see this be in our bedroom for years and years and have already recomended it to my father and in-laws.
I haven’t ever owned or really slept on a memory phone bed before and I had heard they can be a bit warm, but so far it feels much cooler than my old bed.

BTW I’m 5’ 11" 215lb and my wife is around 5’ 4" and 150ish range and we are both back/side (mostly side) sleepers.

Hi techieg33k,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback … I appreciate it.

It sounds to me like you made a great choice both in terms of quality and value as well as the suitability of the mattress for your specific needs and preferences!

To me that’s the definition of a successful purchase :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Same here. I am so very happy with our purchase and I even listed this forum on my review in Amazon.com so others might find this site while looking to purchase their bed online. Looks like Mike posted his review on Amazon as well.

Thanks for having this site/forum online for research and discussion!

Yes, it’s odd that Dreamfoam doesn’t state on it’s website the density of the 1.5" layer. Thanks for providing the info in this thread that the layer is 4lb.

I think 4lb foam is MattressUnderground’s recommended minimum to maintain decent durability. I’m considering the Dreamfoam 13" as well as the Dreamfoam 12". The 13" has 5lb in the comfort layer along with some 4lb. Does the 1.5" + 2.5" of 4lb foam create concern about the durability/longevity of the Dreamfoam 12"? Thanks.

Hi mcb,

The foam density of both memory foam layers is in their description on Amazon here.

This would depend on your body type and weight. 4 lb memory foam is not as durable as 5 lb memory foam (density is the single biggest factor in the durability of memory foam) but lower densities of memory foam are often (although not always) softer than higher density memory foam and for many people the “feel” and softness is worth the tradeoff. Once you are in the 200 lb range or so or higher I would tend to be a little cautious with 4 lb memory foam and minimize or reduce the use of 4 lb memory foams if your budget allows it.

Phoenix

Very useful thread with some good info. My wife and I are just about to order the 13" as well. We preferred the cloud supreme in store, but would rather shoot for a bed that falls between the supreme and luxe rather than one that is any firmer so we are going to take the chance on the 13" version. This will be our first memory foam mattress so hope it goes well.

I’m going to gamble a little and order direct from Dreamfoam instead of Amazon. Unfortunately Texas recently changed to start taxing Amazon purchases so that with the free pillow will save us about $100 so I hope it works out.

For those of you who did end up getting the pillow bonus were you able to choose between the memory foam or latex version? BTW, is it for one or two pillows?