Ultimate Dreams vs Best Mattress Ever

Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a mattress soon and was looking at latex mattress. I fouund the Ultimate Dreams Latex mattress on Wayfair for $530 with a %10 percent off coupon. I am a little hesitant about buying it as it may cost a lot to ship back. I was also looking at the Best Mattress ever on the Brooklyn beding for $750( It was $700 when I looked yesterday).

While I dobout any one can give me good advice on what would be the most comfortable for me. I was wondering if the 2" of Dunlop and 2" of Talalay Latex are worth the extra $220? The Ultimate dreams has 3" of Talalay and 1.5" of Reflex foam. From what I can tell they both have the same base foam.

Hi evigoren,

I would keep in mind that Wayfair doesn’t have a return policy for mattresses and once you purchase from them you can only exchange it … not send it back for a refund.

If you order the same mattress from the Dreamfoam site you would also have a 10% discount and as a forum member here you would also be eligible for a free pillow as well and you would have the benefit of their 45 day comfort guarantee which allows you to return the mattress for the same price as Wayfair’s exchange only policy.

The price difference in the larger sizes is because they made a mistake in listing their original prices (the queen was listed as the same price as the full XL) and they decided to leave it over the Memorial day holiday period as an unadvertised “launch special”.

You can also see some comments about the pros and cons of the Ultimate Dreams latex and the Brooklyn Bedding #BestMattressEver in post #8 here and in post #2 here that may be helpful.

The Brooklyn Bedding #BestMattressEver uses a higher quality/density base foam and also has a more sophisticated design that includes 4" of latex with two individual latex layers (the middle layer is a transition layer) rather than just the single layer of Talalay in the Ultimate Dreams.

Both of the mattresses you are considering are a great quality/value choices but of course there are also differences between them that could make one more attractive than the other depending on all the parts of each person’s personal value equation that are most important to them.

Phoenix

Thanks for the reply and the info. I didn’t realize you could buy directly from DreamFoam at a better price with a better return. I think Ill have to go to some local stores and see if they have any mattresses that are comparable to get a feel see what a latex mattress is like.

Hi evigoren,

While you may not find a local mattress that is directly comparable it’s always a good idea to test some latex mattresses so you can get a more general sense of what latex feels like.

If you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of that are close to you.

Phoenix

I am in the Minneapolis area. I didn’t see anything on the member list in this state. I’m sure I’ll probably buy online just looking to try if I can find something comparable.

Hi evigoren,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Minneapolis area (subject to the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here and several of them carry latex or latex hybrid mattresses that would give you a chance to test some latex mattresses to get a general sense of what latex feels like.

Phoenix