ultimatesleep.com

I researched on your site before buying my mattress topper (just like I did a few years ago when I bought my mattress). I ended up buying from ultimatesleep, so thought I’d reply. This thread made me a little nervous, so I emailed them first to make sure their supplier is Talalay Global, and it is. Just got my topper today (2" regular Talalay medium / 24IDL). The box had the Talalay Global logo, and I found their name on the invoice. Put it on my bed, and thought it might be softer than I wanted, but after lying on it for a bit, I would say it is right there between firm and soft. Like I could see wanting firmer when lying on my back, and softer when lying on my side, so just about right. I’ve read that there is a slight smell like waffles from Talalay, and yep, there is a slight smell. Not chemically, but more like vanilla cream or something. Not real bad, but I’m super sensitive to smells, so if I notice it tonight I might air out the topper. Overall happy with the purchase.

Hi howdy2u.

Welcome back after almost 4 years! but most importantly congratulations on the new TG Topper that you seem to be enjoying :slight_smile:

It is nice to get confirmation from multiple sources that Ultimatesleep is now sourcing their Talalay latex from Talalay Global. Thanks for your update.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the smell at this point as this usually dissipates quickly especially if you plan to “air it out”. Almost all foam materials will have an initial smell that will dissipate fairly quickly to levels that most people don’t notice although some people can indeed be more sensitive to certain smells (or even describe them differently than others … but your description of a “semi-sweet” or “vanilla-like” odor is fairly common. The more natural (100% NR) can have a more “rubbery” smell. This usually dissipates in a few weeks. There is more about the smell of latex in post #2 here but in most cases, it is reduced to levels below what people will notice in a few days to a few weeks but this can also depend on how acute your sense of smell is and on how sensitive you are to that particular smell. There is also more about the odor of new materials in post #3 here that may be helpful as well

I look forward to any further updates you may have a chance to post.

Phoenix

Thanks for the info. The slight smell was nothing. Did not notice any odor after that initial unpacking. And after sleeping on the topper for a few nights, I can say it was exactly what the doctor ordered. 2 inches is thick enough, and 24idl seems just right for me. Very satisfied with the purchase. :slight_smile:

Hey howdy2u,

Thank you for the update, 24ild talalay is a sweet spot for a lot of people. Glad to hear it’s going well.

Thanks,
Sensei

Hi, just curious as to how your topper from Ultimate sleep is working for you? They seem to have the best prices that I can find for either blended or Natural Talalay toppers anywhere. As you said in your post in 2018, your topper was shipped directly from Talalay Global in new condition. If so, I would tend to believe it is what they are advertising, as opposed to what they were shipping several years ago. Just wondering if you were still glad you purchased from them, and it the topper was still living up to your expectations?