Ultra high density memory foam? Or perhaps slow response latex?

Seven or so years ago I stayed in a furnished sublease and fell asleep on a memory foam mattress. To the touch it felt really hard. Even in the summer when the room was 95 degrees the mattress still felt sort of cool and rock hard to the touch–but when pressed hard it would sink in 3 or so inches and envelop you. I have never slept so well in my entire life.

Unfortunately, I didn’t think to take the tags when I moved out! They said they got it at Skymall but they certainly don’t have it any more. I haven’t been able to find anything like it. Does this description fit any mattress anybody has ever heard of?

Where can I buy ultra high density memory foam–6, 7, 8 pounds per cubic foot?

What options do I have to buy slow response talalay latex?

If anybody could help I would be really appreciative!

Hi oldsleepy,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Forum member Khaled had a similar “quest” a few months ago, and you may want to read through this thread here. You can also look at the component suppliers for memory foam here. The Original Mattress Factory offers their Serenity memory foam mattress with a layer of 8 lb memory foam, but I don’t know if they will sell you a separate foam layer.

What options do I have to buy slow response talalay latex?
Arizona Premium has slow recovery Dunlop latex. Talalay Global (former Latex International) used to make a slow recovery Talalay GL in their Pure Latex Bliss line, but it has been discontinued.

Phoenix