Update: My Luxury Mattress Premier latex hybrid mattress

In my mattress search I contacted Todd Cline of myluxurymattress.net for further clarification about the specs on the 9" Premier mattress. He advised me that changes were made to the mattress to make it even better, however this isn’t reflected on their website just yet. Todd gave me the go ahead to share the info here.

Old specs advertised on the website:
3" Talalay Latex 24, 32 or 40 IFD (Latex International)
1.5" Air flow (mid-layer, manufacturer not given)
4.75" HD base foam (Hickory Springs)

New specs:
3" dunlop latex in 24, 32, or 40 IFD (Latexco)
2" of 2.4 lb HD foam, 23 ILD (Hickory Springs)
4" of 2.4 lb HD foam, 36 ILD (Hickory Springs)

Price listed at $1095 for a king size shipped in Con.US ($1042.86 with the 5% Mattress Underground discount applied).

Hi Matt ress,

Thanks for letting us know about the change to the 9" Premier and for posting the specs on the forum … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Do you happen to know the blend of Dunlop they are using (Latexco supplies synthetic blends as well as 100% natural Dunlop)?

Phoenix

I didn’t get the specific blend, I was only told the that it is a Latexco dunlop 4 lb material available in the 24, 32, and 40 IFD.

I don’t know if this response is entirely accurate as it is my understanding that the density of latex corresponds to how supportive it is (generally speaking: higher density = higher IFD). Can a latex product rated at “X” density be manufactured in several different IFD ratings the way that a polyurethane foam can?

Searching online I’m able to find Latexco dunlop products available in a 4lb density and 24 IFD only. Other firmness options within the same product lines correspond to higher or lower density ratings.

Hi Matt ress,

You’re right that the density of latex varies with the ILD. Density also varies with the type and blend of the latex (Talalay is less dense than Dunlop and synthetic latex is less dense than 100% natural latex). If the type and blend was the same then they would be different densities.

Latexco is a distributor for many different types of latex from their own continuous pour Puralux (which is a blend of natural and synthetic latex) to molded Dunlop that is also a blend to molded Dunlop that is 100% natural.

Assuming that the 4 lb refers to the 24 ILD then it’s clearly not the 100% natural Dunlop (you can see the density/ILD comparisons here) and I would suspect that it’s the Puralux.

The Puralux can come either with holes or without holes. They are poured in layers up to 4" thick and then the holes are punched in afterwards if desired (the holes slightly lower the ILD). There is a hole punched version of Puralux that is 24 ILD that is about 4 lb density so this would make sense. If this is correct there is a 32 ILD version without holes that is about 5 lb density and a 40 ILD version which also has no holes is about 5.6 lb density.

Phoenix