Updated KISS Mattress (SleepEZ)

Hi Manimal & Shazbot

It took me a little longer than expected to get back to you on the new Kiss Mattress, but you are correct that SleepEZ just launched the redesigned Kiss Mattress which has both improved firmness adjustability and surface feel adjustability that comes with the change in the comfort layers materials. The full set of specs will become available shortly in the “Simplified Choice …” thread but here are some initial comments on the differences between the two.

The 1.5" slow recovery Flow memory foam was replaced with the 2" fast recovery SleepEZ Active FloFoam which has a more permeable, opened cell, structure which allows for more breathability and has much less sensitivity to heat than standard memory foam. The 1.5" of Blended Talalay latex was replaced with the 2" of Natural Latex and the two 2" layers of foam are nicely bundled in a flippable 4" comfort layer encased within a sock with FR properties. The new cover has a 360 zipper and the fabric has inherent FR properties. The support layer is now 6" of 2 lb of high density polyfoam.

The enhanced Kiss design is summing up the result of a couple years of testing and consumer feedback, it sleeps cooler than the previous version, and has a higher degree of adjustability and comfort. Consumers can adjust both the level of firmness they prefer (soft or firm) by flipping the comfort layer inside the encasement which also adjusts the surface feel to suit their preference for either a latex feel or for the fast response memory foam feel (in between MF and latex)- hybrid of memory foam and more resilient PU foam (FloFoam).

Once all the specs are confirmed with SleepEZ they’ll become available as usual in the reference tread “Simplified Choice Mattresses” post#2 here about the Simplified Choice…

I hope that gives enough information for now and I’ll get back with more details soon.

Phoenix