Updates on Brooklyn Bedding "Best Mattress Ever?"

Greetings Phoenix,

First off, THANKS for hosting this website! I’ve found it to be very comprehensive and informative in educating myself for the purchase of my next mattress. Great Work!

I’ve only posted once so far on your mattress forum, back when I was leaning toward a Parklane mattress, since they’re local to western Oregon, and here’s now a store in Salem. Unfortunately their delivery policy precludes them from delivering a new mattress to my tri-level home-too many tight corners.

So I’m back to focusing on online sellers who can deliver a compressed foam/latex mattress that I can get upstairs to my bedroom, with the help of a friend! I’ve narrowed down to the Brooklyn Bedding “Best Mattress Ever” and the Nest Bedding “Love,” which I believe are both manufactured by R&S in Phoenix, AZ area. My priority is a supportive, durable, and affordable mattress that will allow me to wake up restored and rested each morning, without random aches and pains! I also wish to purchase a mattress made from more “Earth-Friendly” materials.

I’ve searched your site for similar queries about these mattresses, and I noticed that the BME has only been on the market for a few months at this writing, 9/27/15. Have you any updates from purchasers of this mattress?

I also find myself wondering about the process by which the cotton/blend vs. bamboo/blend covers are manufactured. I’ve read that even if the cotton/bamboo are “organically grown,” the process to the finished product may still utilize potent chemicals. Your thoughts? Thanks!

JQ

Hi JQ,

That’s unfortunate :frowning:

There is more information about what I call “simplified choice mattresses” in general in post #1 here and there are some comments about the BestMattressEver and the Love Bed along with many of the other simplified choice mattresses in post #2 here in the same topic.

A forum search on BestMattressEver and on Love Bed (you can just click both links) will bring up many more comments and feedback about both of them. Neither one of them has any lower quality materials or weak links that would be a cause for concern in terms of durability.

Having said that … while other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful … I would be very cautious about about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

While your own careful testing or personal experience is the most reliable way to know whether a mattress is a good “match” for you in terms of comfort and PPP … when you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart (which would include Brooklyn Bedding and Nest Bedding) and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

Neither one of these mattresses are either organic or natural so these aren’t the types of mattresses that most people that are concerned about organic certifications would normally purchase but they would be the best source of information for these types of more detailed or specific questions.

There is also some good information about bamboo/rayon fabrics in this article.

There is also a lot more information in post #2 here and the more detailed posts and information it links to about safe, natural, organic, “chemical free”, and “green” mattresses and mattress materials that can help you sort through some of the marketing information and terminology that you will encounter in the industry and can help you differentiate between them and answer “how safe is safe enough for me” or “how natural is natural enough for me” or “how green is green enough for me” and that can help you decide on the type of materials and components you are most comfortable having in your mattress or on the certifications for harmful substances and VOC’s that may be important to you. These types of issues are complex and are generally specific to each person and their individual sensitivities, circumstances, criteria, beliefs, and lifestyle choices.

Phoenix