Urgent need help...Latex Toppers another seller! Concerned

Phoenix are the Pillows from Cozy Pure that good? Thanks. Look amazing the ones you can adjust. A bit expensive, looking for a Cover too for the New Topper. Although all we have covering Mattress Pad and all are new.

Phoenix is this all true? Compare Latex Mattresses - Sleep EZ

HiBunny1999,

Pillows are very much a preference issue so it would depend on the preferences of the person you were asking but there are certainly many people who really like them.

SleepEZ is very knowledgeable about latex and has specialized in latex mattresses for many years so not surprisingly the information is accurate yes.

Phoenix

Sorry I get lost, look at this Harmony | Savvy Rest
That seems really high to me? And then this? https://www.sleepez.com/latex-mattress-topper.html

Natural and Dunlop? Differance I gather.

Hi Bunny1999,

I would agree that the Savvy Rest topper is very costly compared to other similar toppers. You can choose either 100% natural Dunlop that is certified organic or 100% natural Talalay.

The SleepEZ topper gives you a choice of 100% natural Dunlop (not certified organic), 100% natural Talalay, or blended Talalay and is much more reasonably priced.

Phoenix

True Phoneix but only 2 Choices of ILD and Medium is high on SleepEZ. Wonder why? N

Wow is Savvy Rest that superior to that many other makers of Latex Toppers? Might as Well buy a Entire Mattress for that price.

Ok i heard it is Best to get a Mattress with lots of Coils? Makes bed last years, kind of reminds of a steel bed. I am sure if the Manufactor is Great yes. I looked at Mattress that were $15.000 and $10,000 dollars whom has that kind of money. They best last forever at that price.
Bunny

Hi Bunny1999,

You are asking a lot of questions that are somewhat “random” and don’t seem to be particularly meaningful and/or don’t seem to be helping you to find what you are looking for. You also don’t appear to be reading some of my replies or the information on the site.

If you read their site or talk with them you will see they have a choice of 4 ILD’s, 3 different types or blends of latex, and two different layer thicknesses. That would cover the large majority of people’s needs.

There are also no “standard” definitions or consensus of opinions for firmness ratings and different manufacturers can rate their mattresses very differently than others so a mattress that one manufacturer rates as being a specific firmness could be rated very differently by another manufacturer. Different people can also have very different perceptions of firmness and softness compared to others as well and a mattress that feels firm for one person can feel like “medium” for someone else or even “soft” for someone else (or vice versa) depending on their body type, sleeping style, physiology, their frame of reference based on what they are used to, and their individual sensitivity and perceptions. There are also different types of firmness and softness that different people may be sensitive to that can affect how they “rate” a mattress as well (see post #15 here) so different people can also have very different opinions on how two mattresses compare in terms of firmness as well and some people may rate one mattress as being firmer than another and someone else may rate them the other way around. This is all relative and very subjective and is as much an art as a science.

I think this has been answered in my previous replies and the information I’ve linked. It’s not any better than another topper that uses the same type and blend of latex and has a similar cover.

You heard wrong (see this article and post #10 here).

The foam or materials above the coils are usually the weakest link of a mattress … not the innerspring itself.

The price of a mattress has little to nothing to do with durability and they certainly wouldn’t last forever … and they may not even last as long as some mattresses that are 1/4 the price or less.

Phoenix

FlexusComfort seems to have good prices on latex toppers.

Phoenix sorry to confuse you! I am confused and had no idea if I called SleepEZ they had more sizes!
I have called several left messages they never call back.
Guess I need to call up and hold and ask! What do you carry in 3" Latex Mattress Toppers, please.

Things are very busy here, my Thyroid is still off some, I have had several appt. for myself, and I dislike going to so many Doctors. Need to get my health in better condition. Having a back the slips out once in awhile and a sciatca nerve the slipsout is truly awful. And I do not do pain pills , they do not mix with my stomach well.
Getting older is not much fun. Our Dog goes in for Surgery and I get very concerned as he dislikes going to the Vet like I do Doctors . And I was a nurse. He is not very old 3 1/2 and has a small growth on privates , yes that makes me nervous. If it is cancer , he has to go back for more Surgery. My nerves are on edge. Sorry so edgy.

Right now! As soon as I can.
I need to find a decent 3 " Topper Latex Mattress soon. And I am confused at where I should trust to buy from. I do not want to Soft …but not to hard, and yes I read so much I get lost. I know your ILD preferance was 24 in 2011. . Mine best ILD in 2008 was a Soft. It seems they make Dunlop Latex a bit differant now.
I did get some samples, and the Talalay is truly soft and springy. And Latex is firmer, I fear Talalay might be to soft and not hold up as well since I am about 15 pounds heavier. As I said our last Topper Sunk!!! About 2 inches or more. It was from a good company too! My Son is a lightweight, 119 and his sunk too! We ask for help, it did not good. And it is over and done with.

You are right I do not want a complete Mattress, heard someone talking and they said the better beds had much more support. More Coils! I call that hard or very firm.

I do not believe all I hear, and try hard to not be a burden, everyone needs help at times.

Thank you for your patients, your truly a nice guy.
Bunny

Thank you so much GeekyMom

Sorry part the message got lost?

Hi Bunny1999,

I would consider all the suppliers in the list I linked earlier to be reliable suppliers.

I would first decide which type or blend of latex you think you would prefer (this is a preference choice). There is more about how Dunlop and Talalay compare in post #2 here. Once you have decided on the type and blend of latex you are most interested in then I would talk to the suppliers that sell that type and blend of latex on the telephone to help you decide on the firmness level that would have the best chance of success based on the “averages” of their customers that may be similar to you.

If you aren’t confident that a topper will be a good “match” for both you and the mattress you are using it on then I would also keep in mind that the exchange/return options may also be an important part of the “value” of a topper purchase just in case the topper you choose doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for.

Phoenix

Phoenix I did just as you said, called and talked to the Guy at SleepEZ . He said he wants me to check out a place here locally first to feel it and lay on it!

The problem with that is no place local here, over a 2 1/2 hour drive one way.
He searched we talked several times, nice helpful man. As big as this place is almost 1 million people we have no stores that carry Latex to rest on.

Shawn said he thinks I might need a completely mattress set, as Box spring we bought in 2006. The Box springs are sturdy, and Mattress still firm, but Shawn thinks. it might be best to buy a Complete Mattress Set. Then put a New 3"Latex Topper on it!
Problem here is we have no places that sell anything decent to buy, that we know of.
I have started checking around, no place yet?

Phoenix, is a Complete Latex bed solid and a good bed to sleep on, and does it not eventually begin to depress also? I know all things need replacing.
If I did that It would be an entire New Purchase, with at least 3 layers. I would start with a 6 inch bottom Firm Latex , then 3" Medium Latex , and another 3" Medium Latex. Also would do a Split California King. Only the other Side with Top 3" Latex Soft in case I wanted to switch with the Medium on other side! This is just my thought if I truly need to completely replace the Entire Mattress!

As Shawn said I will sell you a 3" Topper Latex Dunlop with no problem, but think you might need a New Mattress set.

All item depress, and I am sure there might be a 1/2 a in. or much less depression in our firm mattress now.
Shawn seemed very concerned about the Box Springs being bought in 2006? The Bed was bought at same time from a Mattress store here, in 2008 they gave us a New Mattress Top as the Pillow top compressed terribly , they said this too, they looked and measured it!
Replaced with a Firm Mattress , gave us no choice. That is when we bought a New 3" Dunlop Latex Topper in late November of 2008. It made the Bed feel perfect and it was a Soft ILD. Recommened!
Not until this last year have I have been sinking deeper and deeper. I got all the paper work out to check dates.

Phoenix, do you agree that the box springs and everything needs to be replaced or do I need someone professional to come out and look at this to confirm whether it need to be replaced or not? My husband says we do not need to replace them but I think we need an expert opinion.
Also I know you mentioned that you put a 3" latex topper on your bed as I remember reading that and I believe your mattress is all latex…Am I correct or incorrect? If so can you tell me from your expert advice how long do complete latex mattresses last on average? I trust your opinion and I am sorry I have had to ask you so many times now about these things. I can read through all these links and most times I just get more confused, Maybe it has to do with my age.

Bunny

Bunny:

I’m going to throw in my two cents here, even though I’m not Phoenix.

I’ve been reading through this thread and you keep going around and around, asking the same questions over again, just in different ways, and putting yourself in analysis paralysis without really knowing what all of the information means that you’re being provided. You’re trying to find absolute answers that are impossible to objectively quantify when there are so many individual subjective variable involved, with the most important being your pre-existing health issues.

You can’t tell what something feels like by lying down upon a computer screen. Take the 2.5 hour drive and go try out the latex you are considering. It will give you a place to start. You’ve already been told that the product you would be looking at is decent, so there’s no worries there. Until you do this, you won’t have a clue if you like the Dunlop or talalay or the thickness that feels nicest to you. 2.5 hours isn’t a long distance to drive in order to help find better rest. You’ve been asking over and over for help and then all of a sudden a 2.5 hour drive is too much? Is your good rest really worth that little? I don’t think it is and I think you’ll agree.

Regarding your old mattress set, replace it. Both pieces. It’s nine years old, and even with the replacement mattress being 7 years old you’re probably already on borrowed time. If you truly want to start from a level of knowing that everything is working well, this is what you should do. The advice you received from SleepEZ is spot on. Check out your bed frame and make sure that the center support underneath it is still in place and not causing anything to bow. You need to start from the ground up. A good solid innerspring mattress with a latex topper is a very popular combination for many people and it seemed to work well for you for a few years, so you have a frame of reference. But you won’t know until you take a visit and try things out.

To Summarize:

1. Double check your bed frame support.
  2. Replace your current mattress SET.
  3. Get in the car and drive 2.5 hours to try out these products. Make a day trip out of it.

Until you actually try out these products, you’ll have no actual frame of reference and you’ll continue to drive yourself nuts compiling data that has no real-world relatability until you can combine a specification with an actual comfort that you’ve experienced in person. As it is, you’re falling further and further into the rabbit hole (pun semi-intended) of specifications and it’s making it more and more difficult for you to get out and pull the trigger on a new purchase.

I have a friend who is the COO at a Fortune 500 company - real big wig. He sees this all the time in his industry with executives who can’t make a decision because they want all of the (endless) facts to arrive at a mythical 100% certain decision. My friend has always said, “Give me 70% good data and let’s run with it. This is usually more than enough to make a good choice.”

I can’t guarantee you’ll make a perfect choice with a new mattress combination (there is no such thing) but by using a topper at least you’ll have ways to adjust over time. But I can with 100% certainty guarantee that you’ll continue to sleep uncomfortably until you get out and try some of these products and make a change with your current mattress.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you, Bunny!

Hi Bunny,

I also completely agree with both Jeff and SleepEZ.

The odds are very high that your mattress and/or foundation/box spring is the cause of the issues you are having (especially if it’s a major brand or a mattress that uses lower quality materials) and it would probably make sense to replace it and the support system underneath it (although I would keep the latex topper which may still be in good condition).

[quote]Phoenix, is a Complete Latex bed solid and a good bed to sleep on, and does it not eventually begin to depress also? I know all things need replacing.
If I did that It would be an entire New Purchase, with at least 3 layers. I would start with a 6 inch bottom Firm Latex , then 3" Medium Latex , and another 3" Medium Latex. Also would do a Split California King. Only the other Side with Top 3" Latex Soft in case I wanted to switch with the Medium on other side! This is just my thought if I truly need to completely replace the Entire Mattress![/quote]

All materials will eventually soften or break down and need to be replaced but latex in general is the most durable of all the different types of foam material.

Unless you have a great deal of knowledge and experience with different types of mattress materials and specs and different layering combinations and how they combine together and can translate them into your own “real life” experience that can be unique to you (which would only be a very small percentage of people) … I would tend to avoid using individual specs such as layer thicknesses or ILD numbers or other complex combinations of specifications to try and predict how a mattress will feel or perform for you and focus more on your own actual testing and/or personal experience. When you try and choose a mattress based on complex combinations of specs that you don’t fully understand then the most common outcome is information overload and “paralysis by analysis”. Choosing a mattress based on complex specs would be among the least reliable ways to choose a suitable mattress.

There is also more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP in post #2 here that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for once you actually sleep on your mattress.

While your own careful testing or personal experience is the most reliable way to know whether a mattress is a good “match” for you in terms of comfort and PPP … when you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

Phoenix

Phoenix and Jeff, thank you both very much for your advice. After experience I’m not usually one to pull the trigger on a big purchase quickly as I made that mistake with the topper on eBay as I was told it was manufacturered by a reputable company but the quality showed otherwise. I spent over $100 just sending it back. I do not think being cautious in my circumstances can ever be overstated due to what we’ve been through with previous mattresses and now a topper also. I have my beliefs that not all people have your best interest at heart.

Here are pictures of the Mattress and Box springs. Please excuse the sheets, bedskirt, and mattress covers and all.
There is no more than 1/4th of an in. Compression in this mattress. I wanted to show you pictures so you could see yourselves. The box springs are extremely sturdy still and the boards under were even replaced this year with new boards and no more than a inch apart or so from each other.

We do not truly think we need a new Mattress at all to be honest. Just a good Latex Dunlop 3" Topper. First one I got has worn and compressed. Even pretty dry and yes we always cover everything. We are extremely tidy people, and take care of all we own extremely well.
And the one I bought from the guy on eBay, the 3"Latex Topper was defective, and the ILD must have been really low, as you saw how much it compressed in just a few nights. Even my older one that we cut and are using the center piece from for me feels fine, except sooner than later needs to be replaced.
Tell me what you both think or see because we are going down to a local mattress store that makes their own mattresses and will speak with them as he’s been in business for many years.
As I said thank you again, now I just need to make sure I make the right choice of who to buy from.
Bunny

https://uploads.mattressunderground.com/outside/32803/image-2.jpeg

https://uploads.mattressunderground.com/outside/32803/image-3.jpegp

Here is some moe pictures of the box springs below the bed skirt.

Hi Bunny:

My advice to you remains the same. Your pictures only confirm that you have a product with quite a bit of low density foam and no matter what you place on top of it you will sink in too deeply. And if you’re using slats under the foundation but there’s no reinforcement with legs down to the floor or T-slats, those will bow as well and will have caused fatigue in the middle of the foundation (which appears to be a Sealy and uses some pretty thin bottom slats in its base pallet).

You ask for advice, yet you continually eschew the recommendations from some very knowledgeable people on this forum with decades of experience with situations exactly like yours. And like me, most of these people have nothing to gain by recommending what they do. I hope you end up making an informed decision.

Best of luck!
Jeff

Hi Bunny1999,

It’s not possible to tell from pictures whether your mattress is still in good condition because lower quality foam layers can soften and result in the loss of comfort and/or support (which can lead to pain or discomfort in your back) whether or not there is any significant visible sagging in your mattress.

If you believe that your mattress and foundation is still fine and you are only considering a topper then it would be a simple matter to just buy a Dunlop topper from one of the reputable suppliers that I linked in my earlier replies.

Phoenix

Phoenix,
I appreciate so much all of your wisdom, kindness, expert help and very honest opinion. I do believe you are a very highly educated genleman about mattreses and toppers. I know you can not probably visually see what I am speaking about, only myself and someone here can truly see what I am trying to explain. As I said at the very last of my previous post we are still going to the most reputable mattreses maker in our area. Slagles has been around for I believe 2 or more generations now. I think what we’ll do is pay him to come by our house and make an evaluation himself of our mattress, box springs and foundation. If he deems they will need replacing then that’s what we’ll do. If not and he believes they are ok then I will find whom I believe has the best topper choice for me.
I truly thank you for being kind enough to always help those in need, especially me who has been quite confused. If you would like I will let you know what they said.
Sincerely,
Bunny

Jeff,

I appreciate your advice but I don’t appreciate your quickness to be so judgmental. That does not help the consumer whatsoever when you come off snappish to my response in trying to demonstrate what my bed setup looks like. As a matter of fact it has excellent support down the middle and always has and if you would have read my entire previous message you would have seen that I said we were going to a reputable mattress store.
You may be a professional at selling mattresses but my husband is a professional traffic engineer IV for 39 years and I’ve been a professional in 2 different fields of work, one being in the medical field for 20 years and the other, a graphics designer for 18 years and my son who is professional IT tech & Web Designer for 10 years. None of us would belittle anyone. We are older and yes I do make mistakes, but one mistake I do not make is being unkind. It never proves a point in any given situation.
Regards,
Bunny