Urgent need help...Latex Toppers another seller! Concerned

Hi Bunny,

I also completely agree with both Jeff and SleepEZ.

The odds are very high that your mattress and/or foundation/box spring is the cause of the issues you are having (especially if it’s a major brand or a mattress that uses lower quality materials) and it would probably make sense to replace it and the support system underneath it (although I would keep the latex topper which may still be in good condition).

[quote]Phoenix, is a Complete Latex bed solid and a good bed to sleep on, and does it not eventually begin to depress also? I know all things need replacing.
If I did that It would be an entire New Purchase, with at least 3 layers. I would start with a 6 inch bottom Firm Latex , then 3" Medium Latex , and another 3" Medium Latex. Also would do a Split California King. Only the other Side with Top 3" Latex Soft in case I wanted to switch with the Medium on other side! This is just my thought if I truly need to completely replace the Entire Mattress![/quote]

All materials will eventually soften or break down and need to be replaced but latex in general is the most durable of all the different types of foam material.

Unless you have a great deal of knowledge and experience with different types of mattress materials and specs and different layering combinations and how they combine together and can translate them into your own “real life” experience that can be unique to you (which would only be a very small percentage of people) … I would tend to avoid using individual specs such as layer thicknesses or ILD numbers or other complex combinations of specifications to try and predict how a mattress will feel or perform for you and focus more on your own actual testing and/or personal experience. When you try and choose a mattress based on complex combinations of specs that you don’t fully understand then the most common outcome is information overload and “paralysis by analysis”. Choosing a mattress based on complex specs would be among the least reliable ways to choose a suitable mattress.

There is also more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP in post #2 here that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for once you actually sleep on your mattress.

While your own careful testing or personal experience is the most reliable way to know whether a mattress is a good “match” for you in terms of comfort and PPP … when you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

Phoenix