Urgent need help...Latex Toppers another seller! Concerned

Hi Bunny1999,

I’m not familiar with the eBay merchant you mentioned but when you talk with them on the phone about your topper if you can confirm that they are Cawtaba Valley Foam then I have talked with Todd there on a number of occasions and I would consider them to be a reliable supplier.

Phoenix

Phoenix so Cawtaba Valley Foam is legitament ! And they do sell Latex Mattress Toppers that are well made! But a I am wondering if the Seller on eBay is seriously selling their items? Cvonlinesales …he seems honest but have no proof if he truly works for Cawtaba Valley Foam or if his products are directly from there. Would Todd tell me if I called and asked? If he is a Seller directly for them , then he might be a great source to buy from, I am leery anymore ,"not always"of some eBay Sellers, there are many others there you have mentioned, and they simply are not completely honest. I do know I ask in detail about their items , and do not receive the honest truth from them, and have seen the truth listed here! Sadly that ruins it for all Sellers.

Thanks so much I really appreciate your help.

Whom do you think is the most reliable Sellers of Excellent Latex Mattress Toppers, that are least expensive? I know there is a great list, but are there truly any at a Great Price… Except on some place like eBay? I guess I am trying to save money as it does not come easy when you are retired.

Hi Bunny1999,

I’m not sure what you mean by “seriously selling” although I do agree that some ebay sellers are more knowledgeable, experienced, and reliable than others.

Todd is the owner of Catawba Valley Foam so he would certainly be able to tell you if he is selling toppers on eBay.

While I can help you narrow down your choices to the suppliers that I would consider to be reliable and knowledgeable (which includes the ones on the list I linked) and with “how” to choose … I don’t make specific suggestions for either toppers or suppliers because there are too many variables involved that could affect which topper or which supplier is “best for you” (regardless of whether the same topper or supplier would be best for someone else) based on all the criteria that are most important to you. It would also depend on the specific type of topper or the type and blend of latex that you are interested in, the knowledge, experience, and guidance of the supplier that you are dealing with, their prices (which can fluctuate and which I don’t keep track of on an ongoing basis), how they compare to other suppliers that are selling the same type of topper with the same thickness and/or the same cover, and their return or exchange policies, which can all be an important part of the “value” of a topper purchase (price is just one part of the “value” of a purchase).

A knowledgeable and experienced supplier will also be more familiar with the specific toppers and firmness choices they have available (which can also change over time) than I am and different people may also have very different opinions about which types of material or the type of topper they prefer or which supplier they are most comfortable dealing with so beyond narrowing down your options to choices that you can have some confidence in … these are decisions that each person needs to make for themselves based on their individual preferences and their conversations with each of them.

There is also more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here that can help you make more “apples to apples” comparisons.

Phoenix

Sorry Phoenix yes he is seriously selling! Just not always assured we are getting Correct item.
Seller seems intelligent, but lacking in trust a bit. And many do not help when they never leave Feedback. This is one huge problem at ebay, Sellers not bothering to ever leave Feedback more and more. I know I. Have experienced it myself. And told eBay my thoughts for years. I been selling since 1998, msny changes and the smaller Sellers have less chances of Selling anything. I am not a Big Seller. But I pride myself in leaving Feedback. And not negatives for mishaps. None of us are perfect. I do wish him the Best. Thanks Phoenix.

Phoenix I cannot find the list for the Toppers? I looked one of your links for a Video showing Talalay being made is broken.
I thankfully found that easy enough.

Phoenix just leaving a Good Note for today!

The link to eBay…the Guy is as Honest as they come! And he is extremely nice. I spoke with him. Really reliable. I talked to Todd too.
Transaction is taking place for a New Latex Topper right now for us!

I shall report back when we receive it… I am sure it will be exactly as stated.

Hi Bunny1999,

The better topper sources I’m aware of are in the component suppliers list here I linked in my earlier reply about split king mattresses.

There is also more information about choosing a topper in post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to that can help you use your sleeping experience as a reference point and guideline to help you choose the type, thickness, and firmness for a topper that has the least possible risk and the best chance for success.

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback about how you like it once you’ve received it.

Phoenix

Phoenix received the Topper. Letting it air out! Although it seems to have no smell.
The only thing that seems completely differant from the first one we bought, the holes seem larger? That puzzles me…there are a few inperfection . I am sure all normal. The Glue is Blue, never saw the Glue on our other Latex Topper ever , and the Blue Line where they Cut on the side? Surely all normal . It was 8 years ago , we bought other Latex Topper. Will not say the name.
When I use this New Latex Topper …I will post back… Thank you for the Links.
Will surely buy another if I love this one! For Another family member.
Bunny

Phoenix are the Pillows from Cozy Pure that good? Thanks. Look amazing the ones you can adjust. A bit expensive, looking for a Cover too for the New Topper. Although all we have covering Mattress Pad and all are new.

Phoenix is this all true? Compare Latex Mattresses - Sleep EZ

HiBunny1999,

Pillows are very much a preference issue so it would depend on the preferences of the person you were asking but there are certainly many people who really like them.

SleepEZ is very knowledgeable about latex and has specialized in latex mattresses for many years so not surprisingly the information is accurate yes.

Phoenix

Sorry I get lost, look at this Harmony | Savvy Rest
That seems really high to me? And then this? https://www.sleepez.com/latex-mattress-topper.html

Natural and Dunlop? Differance I gather.

Hi Bunny1999,

I would agree that the Savvy Rest topper is very costly compared to other similar toppers. You can choose either 100% natural Dunlop that is certified organic or 100% natural Talalay.

The SleepEZ topper gives you a choice of 100% natural Dunlop (not certified organic), 100% natural Talalay, or blended Talalay and is much more reasonably priced.

Phoenix

True Phoneix but only 2 Choices of ILD and Medium is high on SleepEZ. Wonder why? N

Wow is Savvy Rest that superior to that many other makers of Latex Toppers? Might as Well buy a Entire Mattress for that price.

Ok i heard it is Best to get a Mattress with lots of Coils? Makes bed last years, kind of reminds of a steel bed. I am sure if the Manufactor is Great yes. I looked at Mattress that were $15.000 and $10,000 dollars whom has that kind of money. They best last forever at that price.
Bunny

Hi Bunny1999,

You are asking a lot of questions that are somewhat “random” and don’t seem to be particularly meaningful and/or don’t seem to be helping you to find what you are looking for. You also don’t appear to be reading some of my replies or the information on the site.

If you read their site or talk with them you will see they have a choice of 4 ILD’s, 3 different types or blends of latex, and two different layer thicknesses. That would cover the large majority of people’s needs.

There are also no “standard” definitions or consensus of opinions for firmness ratings and different manufacturers can rate their mattresses very differently than others so a mattress that one manufacturer rates as being a specific firmness could be rated very differently by another manufacturer. Different people can also have very different perceptions of firmness and softness compared to others as well and a mattress that feels firm for one person can feel like “medium” for someone else or even “soft” for someone else (or vice versa) depending on their body type, sleeping style, physiology, their frame of reference based on what they are used to, and their individual sensitivity and perceptions. There are also different types of firmness and softness that different people may be sensitive to that can affect how they “rate” a mattress as well (see post #15 here) so different people can also have very different opinions on how two mattresses compare in terms of firmness as well and some people may rate one mattress as being firmer than another and someone else may rate them the other way around. This is all relative and very subjective and is as much an art as a science.

I think this has been answered in my previous replies and the information I’ve linked. It’s not any better than another topper that uses the same type and blend of latex and has a similar cover.

You heard wrong (see this article and post #10 here).

The foam or materials above the coils are usually the weakest link of a mattress … not the innerspring itself.

The price of a mattress has little to nothing to do with durability and they certainly wouldn’t last forever … and they may not even last as long as some mattresses that are 1/4 the price or less.

Phoenix

FlexusComfort seems to have good prices on latex toppers.

Phoenix sorry to confuse you! I am confused and had no idea if I called SleepEZ they had more sizes!
I have called several left messages they never call back.
Guess I need to call up and hold and ask! What do you carry in 3" Latex Mattress Toppers, please.

Things are very busy here, my Thyroid is still off some, I have had several appt. for myself, and I dislike going to so many Doctors. Need to get my health in better condition. Having a back the slips out once in awhile and a sciatca nerve the slipsout is truly awful. And I do not do pain pills , they do not mix with my stomach well.
Getting older is not much fun. Our Dog goes in for Surgery and I get very concerned as he dislikes going to the Vet like I do Doctors . And I was a nurse. He is not very old 3 1/2 and has a small growth on privates , yes that makes me nervous. If it is cancer , he has to go back for more Surgery. My nerves are on edge. Sorry so edgy.

Right now! As soon as I can.
I need to find a decent 3 " Topper Latex Mattress soon. And I am confused at where I should trust to buy from. I do not want to Soft …but not to hard, and yes I read so much I get lost. I know your ILD preferance was 24 in 2011. . Mine best ILD in 2008 was a Soft. It seems they make Dunlop Latex a bit differant now.
I did get some samples, and the Talalay is truly soft and springy. And Latex is firmer, I fear Talalay might be to soft and not hold up as well since I am about 15 pounds heavier. As I said our last Topper Sunk!!! About 2 inches or more. It was from a good company too! My Son is a lightweight, 119 and his sunk too! We ask for help, it did not good. And it is over and done with.

You are right I do not want a complete Mattress, heard someone talking and they said the better beds had much more support. More Coils! I call that hard or very firm.

I do not believe all I hear, and try hard to not be a burden, everyone needs help at times.

Thank you for your patients, your truly a nice guy.
Bunny

Thank you so much GeekyMom

Sorry part the message got lost?

Hi Bunny1999,

I would consider all the suppliers in the list I linked earlier to be reliable suppliers.

I would first decide which type or blend of latex you think you would prefer (this is a preference choice). There is more about how Dunlop and Talalay compare in post #2 here. Once you have decided on the type and blend of latex you are most interested in then I would talk to the suppliers that sell that type and blend of latex on the telephone to help you decide on the firmness level that would have the best chance of success based on the “averages” of their customers that may be similar to you.

If you aren’t confident that a topper will be a good “match” for both you and the mattress you are using it on then I would also keep in mind that the exchange/return options may also be an important part of the “value” of a topper purchase just in case the topper you choose doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for.

Phoenix

Phoenix I did just as you said, called and talked to the Guy at SleepEZ . He said he wants me to check out a place here locally first to feel it and lay on it!

The problem with that is no place local here, over a 2 1/2 hour drive one way.
He searched we talked several times, nice helpful man. As big as this place is almost 1 million people we have no stores that carry Latex to rest on.

Shawn said he thinks I might need a completely mattress set, as Box spring we bought in 2006. The Box springs are sturdy, and Mattress still firm, but Shawn thinks. it might be best to buy a Complete Mattress Set. Then put a New 3"Latex Topper on it!
Problem here is we have no places that sell anything decent to buy, that we know of.
I have started checking around, no place yet?

Phoenix, is a Complete Latex bed solid and a good bed to sleep on, and does it not eventually begin to depress also? I know all things need replacing.
If I did that It would be an entire New Purchase, with at least 3 layers. I would start with a 6 inch bottom Firm Latex , then 3" Medium Latex , and another 3" Medium Latex. Also would do a Split California King. Only the other Side with Top 3" Latex Soft in case I wanted to switch with the Medium on other side! This is just my thought if I truly need to completely replace the Entire Mattress!

As Shawn said I will sell you a 3" Topper Latex Dunlop with no problem, but think you might need a New Mattress set.

All item depress, and I am sure there might be a 1/2 a in. or much less depression in our firm mattress now.
Shawn seemed very concerned about the Box Springs being bought in 2006? The Bed was bought at same time from a Mattress store here, in 2008 they gave us a New Mattress Top as the Pillow top compressed terribly , they said this too, they looked and measured it!
Replaced with a Firm Mattress , gave us no choice. That is when we bought a New 3" Dunlop Latex Topper in late November of 2008. It made the Bed feel perfect and it was a Soft ILD. Recommened!
Not until this last year have I have been sinking deeper and deeper. I got all the paper work out to check dates.

Phoenix, do you agree that the box springs and everything needs to be replaced or do I need someone professional to come out and look at this to confirm whether it need to be replaced or not? My husband says we do not need to replace them but I think we need an expert opinion.
Also I know you mentioned that you put a 3" latex topper on your bed as I remember reading that and I believe your mattress is all latex…Am I correct or incorrect? If so can you tell me from your expert advice how long do complete latex mattresses last on average? I trust your opinion and I am sorry I have had to ask you so many times now about these things. I can read through all these links and most times I just get more confused, Maybe it has to do with my age.

Bunny

Bunny:

I’m going to throw in my two cents here, even though I’m not Phoenix.

I’ve been reading through this thread and you keep going around and around, asking the same questions over again, just in different ways, and putting yourself in analysis paralysis without really knowing what all of the information means that you’re being provided. You’re trying to find absolute answers that are impossible to objectively quantify when there are so many individual subjective variable involved, with the most important being your pre-existing health issues.

You can’t tell what something feels like by lying down upon a computer screen. Take the 2.5 hour drive and go try out the latex you are considering. It will give you a place to start. You’ve already been told that the product you would be looking at is decent, so there’s no worries there. Until you do this, you won’t have a clue if you like the Dunlop or talalay or the thickness that feels nicest to you. 2.5 hours isn’t a long distance to drive in order to help find better rest. You’ve been asking over and over for help and then all of a sudden a 2.5 hour drive is too much? Is your good rest really worth that little? I don’t think it is and I think you’ll agree.

Regarding your old mattress set, replace it. Both pieces. It’s nine years old, and even with the replacement mattress being 7 years old you’re probably already on borrowed time. If you truly want to start from a level of knowing that everything is working well, this is what you should do. The advice you received from SleepEZ is spot on. Check out your bed frame and make sure that the center support underneath it is still in place and not causing anything to bow. You need to start from the ground up. A good solid innerspring mattress with a latex topper is a very popular combination for many people and it seemed to work well for you for a few years, so you have a frame of reference. But you won’t know until you take a visit and try things out.

To Summarize:

1. Double check your bed frame support.
  2. Replace your current mattress SET.
  3. Get in the car and drive 2.5 hours to try out these products. Make a day trip out of it.

Until you actually try out these products, you’ll have no actual frame of reference and you’ll continue to drive yourself nuts compiling data that has no real-world relatability until you can combine a specification with an actual comfort that you’ve experienced in person. As it is, you’re falling further and further into the rabbit hole (pun semi-intended) of specifications and it’s making it more and more difficult for you to get out and pull the trigger on a new purchase.

I have a friend who is the COO at a Fortune 500 company - real big wig. He sees this all the time in his industry with executives who can’t make a decision because they want all of the (endless) facts to arrive at a mythical 100% certain decision. My friend has always said, “Give me 70% good data and let’s run with it. This is usually more than enough to make a good choice.”

I can’t guarantee you’ll make a perfect choice with a new mattress combination (there is no such thing) but by using a topper at least you’ll have ways to adjust over time. But I can with 100% certainty guarantee that you’ll continue to sleep uncomfortably until you get out and try some of these products and make a change with your current mattress.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you, Bunny!