Urgent Savvy Rest Concerns - Should I have called Sleep EZ?

Been digging through this forum for some time now as we are looking to move up to a King size bed and elected to go with an all latex mattress. Did a fair bit of research and testing and finally ended up pulling the trigger on a Savvy Rest yesterday. Comparing it to other local options (northern virginia) it appeared to be a good value for us with their current promo, free pillows, body pillow and mattress pad.

After looking at some more reviews today (something I always tend to do after I make a big purchase, like to reassure myself), I started to get an uneasy feeling…Didn’t help that I also found Sleep EZ with a similar product and much lower price point. We were concerned with the ability to be able to try before we buy, and really liked the ability to exchange layers over some others we tried - Urban Mattress, Healty Back. Little concerned about the no returns policy. We really liked the Savvy Rest, just hoping it doesn’t come back to bite us. I can stomach the extra $ as long as it turns out to be a good nights sleep.

It hasn’t shipped yet, not sure if I could or should cancel my order and give Sleep EZ a call - any thoughts? Probably need to act quick if I’m going to change…

Anyone out there have something good to say about Savvy Rest that will ease my mind and let me get back to work??

Have you searched the forum here for posts regarding Savvy Rest? That’s usually a good way to see what other people have had to say about any company. There’s a line of little black boxes at the top of each page - the one farthest to the right says “Search Forum”.

I have searched for quite some time, just looking for a little more reassurance…

Sorry I can’t offer that . . . I’ve seen a lot of people say they love them, and a few people who seem to have problems with them - which I think is probably true of most things.

Mattresses can be such a personal choice, it’s really hard to say that what suits one person would be just what someone else wants.

Hi xpnsvtoys,

Clawdia has already suggested a forum search on Savvy Rest (you can just click this) which will provide much more information and feedback about your mattress.

What I can tell you is that your mattress uses very high quality and durable materials and components (natural or organic latex and an organic wool quilted cotton cover) and the design of your mattress (individual components that can be re-arranged or exchanged after a purchase to fine tune the mattress to your specific needs and preferences) is also very flexible and gives you good options both before and after a purchase. As you mentioned … the suitability of a mattress in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) is one of the most important parts if not the most important part of a mattress purchase and your personal value equation.

You have hopefully also tested the specific mattress you purchased in the specific combination of layers and type of latex you chose and as long as your testing was careful and objective then your odds are higher that you made a suitable choice than choosing a mattress that you haven’t tested in person. Every difference in a mattress can affect the feel and performance of a mattress and while the SleepEz mattresses are also very high quality and they are great “value” … they may not be exactly the same even though the design and materials are very similar.

Years down the road you will remember much more about how well you slept on the mattress and how long it lasted than you will about how much you paid for it although of course the initial cost is also an important consideration in any mattress purchase.

Only you can decide on what you “should” do based on your own “best judgement” and it may not be possible to cancel your purchase (you would need to call the retailer to find out) but if your primary considerations are the quality of your mattress and the materials and components that it uses and the flexibility to make changes after a purchase then you certainly made a better choice than the large majority of consumers make with a mainstream mattress purchase … even if there are other similar mattresses that would cost you less.

Phoenix

I’ve slept on a Savvy Rest mattress for the past couple of years and I truly love it. My wife and I have a soft dunlop / soft dunlop / medium dunlop with a plushy wool topper on top. It’s perfect for me. I love so much getting into my bed and sometimes have a hard time getting out! :slight_smile: My wife could even use to go softer. She would have liked a talalay layer on top. Make sure you have the right pillow too… I found that I needed to re evaluate my pillow after my body was aligned better with my Savvy Rest.