US Latex vs. International?

I feel like I read somewhere that there are advantages to latex made in the US. Is that true? I was at Flexus Comfort in Covina earlier today. I really liked there mattresses, and you seem to think highly of them. Should I be concerned at all that their latex is from Sri Lanka? Also are there any advantages to a cover that is fully stitched vs. one with a zipper?

Hi Jomaco,

No it’s not true at all. You can read more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here that can help you compare them regardless of where they are manufactured.

Sri Lanka has several manufacturers that make high quality 100% natural Dunlop latex including Latex Green and Arpico and I would have no concerns at all about the the quality or durability of either the Dunlop or Talalay latex that Flexus is using.

A component mattress with loose layers that has a cover that can be unzipped allows you to fine tune the mattress after a purchase by either rearranging layers or exchanging a layer. There is more about the pros and cons of both of them in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

Phoenix