"Value" comparison between two Denver Mattress Co mattresses

Hello

After suffering through the typical bs and intentional misdirection of the mainstream mattress industry, I stumbled across this site and finally got some good advice on what to look for and how to decide on a quality mattress, so I appreciate all the information found throughout the site.
We have narrowed our search down to three mattresses and all seem fine, and within the quality/durability criteria - I think! My main focus for this post is on durability, and secondarily, on perceived value of the mattress based on materials and quality when compared against cost ie, what the “better value”? All are in acceptable price ranges and all felt comfortable after spending time laying on them.
They all seem to be within acceptable standards when comparing to the Durability Guidelines on this site. And that is what I would like help with - are these as quality/potentially durable as I think they are? If someone could offer feedback on these three, and in particular, pick out the weakest link on each model (even if within acceptable parameters) so I know I am not overlooking something I thought was acceptable, but isn’t.

The specs listed below come from the Denver Mattress Company’s website and are for a Queen size mattress. We’re looking to buy a King, but since all three spec sheets are for a queen size, it should translate to be a pretty apples to apples comparison for the king size as well. My BMI is about 23, and I think hers is about 25 to 27 at highest (she won’t say)

Here are the specs -

A). Madison Luxury Firm Mattress - $950
Quilt Layers:
Double Knit Ticking
1 1/2" of 1.8lb Density Convoluted EF Foam
1" EF Foam
Natural Rayon Fire Barrier
Comfort Layers:
2 1/2" of 1.8lb Density Convoluted EF Foam
1 Flex Net Insulator
Support System:
Coil Density: 744* Foam Encased,
Individually Wrapped Coils
14.5 Gauge Tempered Steel

B ). Doctor’s Choice® Elite Firm Mattress - $1400
Quilt layers:
Luxurious Knit Ticking
1" Anti-Microbial Super Soft EF Foam
1/2" Anti-Microbial 1.8lb High Density EF Foam
Inherent Rayon Fire Barrier
Comfort Layers:
1" 4lb Gel/Visco Memory Foam
1" 2lb High Density Luxury Firm EF Foam
1 Flex Net Insulator
Support System:
The B.O.S.S.® (Balanced Orthopedic Sleep System)
Coil Density: 750 Alternating Checkerboard
Individually Wrapped Coils

C). Richmond® Luxury Firm Mattress - $1900
Quilt Layers:
Engineered Stretch Knit Ticking
Comfort Layers:
3" 2.5lb Serene™ Comfort Foam
1 Flex Net Insulator
Support System:
The B.O.S.S.® (Balanced Orthopedic Sleep System)
Coil Density: 744* Foam Encased Coils
4" 1.8lb Foam Base with Engineered Articulating Cuts

(from online google search) The Boss system (Balanced Orthopaedic Spring System) provides 7 zone support, helps assist in body alignment as you sleep and minimises partner disturbance by reducing sideways movement giving you a more restful night’s sleep.

Specific questions I have are -

1). On the Doctors Choice Elite Firm, is there a problem with the 1" Anti-Microbial Super Soft EF Foam in the quilt layer? They don’t state the density here. It’s only 1", so it seems to be not a big deal, but I also believe I’ve read that Eggshell Foam is not a good material for durability? Is EF foam a lower grade foam to be worried about?

1. The Madison Luxury Firm mattress uses 1" EF foam in its comfort layer, so pretty much the same questions -any problem with this type of foam here, in this thickness?

2. On the Richmond Luxury Firm, they use 3" of 2.5lb Serene Comfort foam in the comfort layer. Is there a problem with it being only 2.5lb and not 4 or 5lb? Its 3" thick, and its the only material used in that layer, so it’s kind of “all in” with just that material, so I want to be confident that it should perform and hold up well. Also, is “Serene” comfort foam anything special(or bad)? I see it has a trademark symbol after it, so I imagine it is the same as any other 2.5lb foam, or is there anything different about it?

3. On the Richmond® Luxury Firm Mattress, what are “Engineered Articulating Cuts”? for the foam in the support system? Any good points/bad points to that?

4. Is 14.5 gauge steel for the coil springs a fairly sturdy gauge, or what is typically used for coil springs? Will they likely be durable and what should I anticipate for effective lifespan?

Long post, and lots of questions, so thanks for bearing with me! Any feedback/input on this would be appreciated, we’re looking forward to getting off the foam pad on our floor as soon as possible!

I’m sorry but I would not be the person to answer this question since I cannot stand the feel, the smell or the lack of durability with memory foam products which is why I specialize in latex mattresses. I can say this, the softer the foam the less durability you will get. I can also say the more foam you have the less durability you will get. Try submitting this question to someone else or the forum in general.

ok, thanks for getting back to me

Hi pbr.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I’ve deleted some of your duplicate postings as you’ve created similar topics with the same content for the same expert. As a general rule, I suggest that you work with one topic at a time and either select the expert that best represents your top area of interest (briefly visiting their profile to make sure that they carry the general category of products that you are looking for), or search our forum for a relevant inactive topic that discusses some of the topics of interest to you.

I hope the expert member that you reached to will have some answers for you soon. (As I have time I’ll also add any relevant information.)
Good luck with your mattress shopping.

Phoenix.

Sounds good - thanks for the reply.

Hi pbr.

You are welcome!. :slight_smile:

Please see Luma Sleep answer to the duplicate questions you asked.

Phoenix