VZone-Style Topper?

My wife and I have been failing to find our happy place with a DIY mattress build. One that has become clear is that we are perfect candidates for a zoned comfort layer. Our many current layers are just under 2 years old so we can’t really justify replacing our entire bed with a new Flobed. My research hasn’t turned up any options for buying a zoned comfort layer similar to the Flobed vZone - just one company where everything was out of stock (and I am fairly certain they are not on the trusted sellers list here).

Are there companies that produce single zoned layers? DIYing this is not an option for us, unfortunately. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi misterawesome,

Zoned mattresses are popular with many consumers as along with reduced motion transfer, they allow more or less support where a sleeper needs - head, neck, shoulders l, torso, hips - allowing for greater customization and support.
You may have difficulty in finding a separate zoned latex topper since many mattress retailers cannot guarantee the ‘feel’ or “appropriateness” of the zoned layers for any individual consumer. This depends on sleepers’ stats and proportions and in some case may not be appropriate at all. A zoned mattress can certainly be helpful for more challenging situations where it can be more difficult to find a suitable mattress that is a good match in terms of PPP either because of unusual body types (such as a larger differential between the waist and hips or waist and shoulders or unusual weight distribution) or other more challenging circumstances (such as a less flexible spine or greater sensitivity to alignment issues or various physiological or health issues . You can read more about zoned construction in mattresses here. and in post #11 here

Our newest Trusted Member Custom Sleep Technology has “single zoned layers” that they call Personalized Mattress Toppers here they are very well-versed and have a great deal of experience in zoning and fitting sleepers with the correct mattress or topper. I’d definitely reach out to them as their entire design concept is based on taking into account the unique needs and preferences of their customers.
The same goes with FloBeds . I spoke with Dewey at and they do offer zoned latex mattress toppers which can be customized to suit your desired comfort level here under Natural Latex Components for Flobeds. If you call and tell them what you are trying to achieve, they should be able to match you to the correct zoned latex topper.

Hope this helps,

~ Basilio

Customsleeptech.com makes customized toppers which sound like what you’re looking for. You fill out a body profile and they design a topper based on that. I haven’t purchased from them so I can’t say anything about that, but I like that they base their zone sizes on your height, which Flobed doesn’t do. I don’t know how many separate zones they put in a topper, they only show that for mattresses, which have only two zones per layer because there are multiple layers, but maybe toppers have more. If not, maybe they would do it on request.