What bed sheets are you sleeping on?

Anyone ever heard of a 6 piece sheet set by Maison De Luxe linen? The package from tjmaxxx/home goods said its 600 count 100 Egyptian cotton. It was 60$ bucks but I can’t get any info on these sheets online.

Just want to give some feedback on some sheets. Be aware I’m not very objective here, as I get rather annoyed by sheets I don’t like.

This website claims LL. Bean sheets are amazing/best sheets ever etc: The 8 Best Sheets of 2023 | Reviews by Wirecutter

I have these exact percale sheets and just want to let people know they are not for me-- at all. I thought the lower 280 thread count would mean that they are lighter and more breathable than my other sateen sheets but this has not been the case. They are my heaviest sheets although they are my lowest TC sheets.To me, they don’t feel like cotton, I guess we all have a different concept of what cotton sheets should feel like, but these feel like they are heavily treated, and they feel like they have a very thin WAX coating on them that makes them feel awkward and unusual unlike any sheets I’ve tried… I thought washing them would help but it did not, they came out feeling like wax covered sheets still… All of this means they have the most effect on the feel of my mattress than any of my other sheets which I detest, and they are the heaviest sheets I have.
I never use these sheets, ever. They are a nice Ivory color I guess (a little bit on the salmon/pink side) but over all I hate these sheets and can’t understand why anyone would like them. Maybe if you like really heavy, slippery, wax covered feeling sheets then get these over priced sheets. 2/10 stars.

Dreamfit 4 Degree Egyptian Sheets 600 TC:
I give it 6.5/10 stars. These are pretty expensive at around $150 bucks for queen size. I have them in the Taupe looking color. I thought these were going to be the end all be all best sateen sheets EVER–they are not… I do use them occasionally to mix things up. Out of the packaging they have a very nice silky smooth feel. Again this doesn’t really feel like cotton to me, it feels like chemically treated cotton made to feel like silk, however, unlke LL. Bean these actually feel nice (they don’t feel like wax). They feel like a much higher quality version of the sateen Kirkland brand sheets sold at Costco, I owned those too and they were a waste of time and money. The problem with the Dreamfit sheets was that they lost the smoothness right after the first wash. They come out feeling noticeably more coarse, they lost their sheen, and they become a duller, less smooth, less soft version of themselves. They also don’t breath the best but that’s how it is with sateen usually. I will say out of the box, they were the smoothest sheets I’ve had although not the softest. They get some use here and there, they are nice, but they are not worth the price tag in my opinion.

I’ve tried many other sheets that I can’t even think of because they were either returned or thrown away or stored away or done away in one way or another…

My FAVORITE sheets that I bought cost $40 from Burlington Coat factory. I did not think at all, that I would like “name brand” sheets but I bought a set of 300 TC Cotton sheets made by Nautica from Burlington store, and these are my most used sheets by far. Package doesn’t even say if they are Percale or Sateen, but I think they are Percale. I love these sheets and they are like 1/4 the price of the other sheets I’ve bought. They actually feel like cotton to me (not silk, not wax, no chemicals). They are softer than the Dreamfit, but not as smooth when you run your hand across. I prefer this feel. They breath better, they maintain their feel after several washings, they have a beautiful Ivory color and when they lay on the bed they have the aesthetic appeal of linen sheets draping across your bed. They have that very slight sheen that linen sheets have that looks natural and healthy which I prefer over the boisterous sheen of sateen sheets made to look and feel like silk. They also wrinkle up in a way that is really reminiscent of linen sheets (obviously I like linen sheets and the way they look). I also have bought other random sets of sheets based only on the way they felt to me (meaning I didn’t know what brand it was, did not do any research on the brand, did not read any reviews) from TJ MAX/Home Goods and Burlington and II use those WAY more often thann my expensive LL. Bean and Dreamfit sheets that I bought based on online recommendations and reviews. There’s plenty of nice sheets at these discount stores, some of them are designer, some are name brand, some are brands I never heard of, but if you look hard enough you can probably find that perfect cotton sheet that you imagined in your dreams would cover your bed.

Although I love the Nautica Sheets and another set I got from Tj Max that I dont know the brand of, I don’t think cotton will suffice for summer, so I’m looking toward Bamboo or LInen for summer. For Linen I already know where I want to buy from ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: eBay Home

Their linen comes from Belarus and has the same weight and comes from the same mill in Belarus as the much more expensive linen sold by Sofia’s LInen on Amazon. I even contacted Sofia’s linen and they told me there is probably little difference between the two brands, and that Sofia’s was more expensive mainly because of the fees they pay to import etc, where as this ebayer ships from Europe to your home and saves you money. When I contacted them they could barely speak English which speaks to their European authenticity am I right? Apparently LInen is like a national luxury for Belarus, and they have only one mill that produces it and I trust this little ole European mill with my lien purchase. Rough Linen is too expensive, seems pretty much unethically priced, but I guess if you are rich then yeah go for it. Of course I have no clue if it actually is unethically priced or not, but man that is EXPENSIVE linen.

Now for Bamboo sheets I"m consdering fiberelement.com for what appears to be some nice bamboo sheets, but I’m afraid I may be getting duped the same way I got duped by Dreamfit— A nice webpage, some nice advertising, alot of good online press and reviews, blah blah blah… I’ll probably buy it anyway.

In all of this there IS a question:

What sheets do better in summer do you think? LInen or Bamboo? Which is more ABSORBANT? I tend to sweat alot for a smaller person and I don’t want my sweat soaking into my latex/memory foam mattress

Edit addtional: I bought a pack of Sateen Peacock Valley sheets from Burlington-- Sandpaper sheets, never again.

I love linen I have a Rough Linen bottom sheet and pillow slips. I also have some Pottery Barn linen sheets. The Pottery Barn ones are thinner, so I doubt they’ll last as long, but I like them a lot. I also like the cotton Essential sheets from Pottery Barn. They’re super soft. I have a Cozy Pure mattress protector, and lately I’ve been sleeping with a West Elm Ruffled and Ruched quilt.

Hi EZ4HZ,

Thanks for your feedback about the sheets you have tried … I appreciate it.

The temperature regulating properties of different fabrics are the result of a combination of moisture wicking, absorbency, breathability, and thermal conductivity and if you take a combination of all three there is little doubt that flax linen would be more temperature regulating (and more durable) than bamboo or other viscose/rayon fabrics.

In terms of absorbency by itself … both of them are very absorbent fabrics (some sources give the edge to one and some to the other) but absorbency is also affected by the thickness, density, and weight of the fabric so I would say that in most cases linen sheets would have the edge here as well.

Phoenix

Good! Just threw down 200 on some linen. Will give feedback later. Belarus linen.

Hi EZ4HZ,

I’ll be very interested in your comments about the linen sheets you purchased. At their price I would keep my expectations low about their quality but it would be a nice surprise if they were in the same quality range as some of the other linen sheets that are a little more costly.

There is a good article here about linen that may be of interest as well.

There is also some good information about linen here.

There are also some discussions and comments about linen sheets in this topic and this topic and in this topic.

Phoenix

I’ve developed a love for Lands End. Besides the obvious, they are made with extra length so they do not become untucked. The same construction is used with their blankets. While a set can be rather pricey, I wait and purchase when they are offering a 30% off sale.

Great thread here. I’m looking for a bamboo viscose sheet and am wondering if anyone has tried these. I guess it can hardly hurt to try these given the price and the additional 20% off.

If every new suit deserves a tie, then surely every new mattress deserves new sheets. When my parents got a new queen size latex mattress, it became a necessity to get new sheets for the simple reason that my parents had no queen sized sheets of their own, having owned a full sized bed previously. We went with a local mattress factory; so I decided to stay with the local theme and went with Biltmore sheets. And yes, when I say Biltmore, I mean as in the Biltmore Estate

A luxurious bed should be complimented with lush sheets, so I went with the Biltmore Hotel 800 Thread Count Sheet Set that are wrinkle free and made of 100% Pima cotton. I was fortunate enough to get a great price, so I picked up a set in savory sage and another in sandstone. These silky-smooth sheets feel absolutely divine. One feels as if they may be too smooth and you might just slide right off the bed… Like all sheets, the more you wash them, the softer they get.

I read that they used to offer .the Biltmore Hotel 1000 Thread Count but discontinued them. I would have loved to have tried those. Truth be told, I would have never considered getting these sheets had I not managed to get a multiple discount deal on these, which totaled up to 58% off. I was hesitant to buy them after reading a few online user reviewers complain about the fitted bottom sheet ripping but I figured taking the risk on was just part of this decadent purchase. Having only owned them for about a month, it’s probably too early to tell if there is reason to worry.

I also picked up a set of the Biltmore 610 Thread Count Flexi-Fit Sheets made of 100% Egyptian cotton in their Blue Clay color. These sheets are very nice, but there’s really no comparison to their Hotel 800 TC Pima cotton sheet offerings. Too bad that I spent all my fun money on three sets of bed sheets for my parents because after putting that Pima cotton next to my face, everything else feels like sandpaper. Maybe one day I can land a multiple discount deal again, and I’ll grab a set for myself because one should get to feel this indulgent every so often.

I just picked these up a new set of carilihab classic ivory 100% bamboo rayon and some linen made from the same mill that produces the greatly reviewed sofias linen. Will give my feedbak and thoughts on each.

Someone posted about Engina fitted sheets. These are degifnitly something I want to try but they don’t have a great return policy has anyone tried them?

Interested to hear what you think.

I ordered a set of these bamboo rayon sheets in ivory and will give my thoughts as well.

Currently sleeping on Coyuchi organic jersey sheets and they are my favorite sheets ever. Smooth, soft, conform beautifully to latex flexing & fit like a dream. I sleep happy on them, no pilling - have had them less than a year, but honestly have washed the daylights out of them, because I can’t bring myself to swap them for my old flannel favorites - so I wash them.

They aren’t cheap, but I swear I am so in love with them I ordered additional pillow cases for spare pillows and am about to order second set while they are on sale.

ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: coyuchi.com/jersey-sheet-set.html

Have you received these sheets yet? Im interested to here what you think. Im close to pulling the trigger on the Duvet Covers and Sheet Sets

Update:

Cariloha 100% Bamboo sheets are a truly amazing in terms of softness. They are hands down the softest sheets I’ve tried and out of the box have an amazing hand that I don’t think cotton can match at any price point. They come in either a twill (Original) or a sateen (Resort) weave; I purchased the twill. This is not your denim jean’s twill-- this is an extremely luxurious and soft weave. The sateen weave is probably just as soft with additional smoothness. If you want to maximize in soft and smooth then go for the sateen. It’s my understanding that the twill would be more durable in the long run. Oh and they do have a cooling effect. It’s not overwhelming but noticeable, especially when you first make contact you definitely feel a coolness crawling into bed that is nice.

Next up is the Len. OK Linen offered only on eBay as far as I have found. Check out the full catalog
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: | eBay

Just looking at the images you will see this is a truly artisan linen collection. It’s my understanding that there has been only one historic linen mill in Belarus and this linen comes from that mill. The mill also produces the popular Sofia’s Linen which you can find on Amazon for a staggering price (compared to these prices).
The linen sheet set I purchased came with a duvet cover rather than a top sheet which was why I bought it. It was all white and part of the original lighter weight linen (which I prefer). Out of the box, it was not pre-washed, but after a month or so it has softened up nicely. After I committed to these sheets, I don’t even touch my Cariloha sheets anymore even thought the Cariloha were my favorites for a while and provide luxurious comfort in their own right. The linen does not have the cooling effect, but it does prevent me from sweating.

Alot of us are worried about how the sheets will affect the foam comfort layers. I’ve found that between bamboo, cotton, and linen, it is the linen that has the least affect and allows my foam to retain it’s most natural contouring and flexing properties. I think this might be one of the main reasons I like it. It

They just added a new line of heavier 65 gsm duvety covers with button enclosures. They look drop dead gorgeous

Boll & Branch White/Navy Banded Sheet Set. It’s a bit expensive, but very high quality.

Hi EZ4HZ,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about your Cariloha sheets and especially about your new Len.OK linen sheets as well. I have to say I’m tempted since I’ve had some linen sheets on my buy list for some time.

I also wanted to mention that I really appreciate all your other great contributions to this topic as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

What bed sheets are you sleeping on?

Rough Linens!

I’ll never go back to sheets which pretend to be something they are not.
Bamboo is rayon. Most percale sheets are blended cotton and polyester. Sateen? No way!

Real linen is an extravagant sleep bundle, but well worth it.

Rough linens forever.

I agree with you about Cariloha. I love all their stuff and love the fact that they use american bamboo and manufacture everthing here in the U.S. Atleast, I believe they do.

Those rough linen products look mighty cozy. Now I just have to find the right faux down comforter to fill one with. I’m vegan so good down is a no no. Her products look mighy inviting though.

Also, while searching around on Tricia’s website I noticed it is a bit buggy. Someone might want to contact her and let her know that many of the links on her site are not working.

Hi mdgail1,

While I’ve never tried one personally … if you are vegan it may be worth considering a kapok comforter. You can see an example here.

Phoenix.