What bed sheets are you sleeping on?

Phoenix, have I mentioned yet that you are my hero? Everytime I need something you come through. It’s funny but I’ve actually made several throw pillows out of Kapok because I love the material so much. I just didn’t realize anyone had gotten around to making a comforter out of Kapok yet.

One concern though. I have read, on another forum, that Kapok has a tendency to break down and turn to dust after a few years. Does anyone else have experience with Kapok that would like to chime in? If this is the case them my best bet would be a down alternative comforter with primaloft, even though Kapok would be more natural.

Mark

Hi mdgail,

Based on all the information that I’ve read … kapok is generally praised for its durability as a stuffing compared to other fibers (although not when it’s used as a textile) so I don’t think that durability would be an issue … particularly when it is used as a comforter.

Phoenix

Thanks again. I actually have a few yoga pillows filled with Kapok, kneeling meditation seat cover, and zabuton that have held up well so you’re probably right. Shame the comforter is so pricey but, you get what you pay for, right?

Hi mdgail,

While it’s not always true (there are lots of products that use lower quality materials that sell for more than they probably should) … it’s certainly true true that higher quality products or in many cases more natural products are usually more costly than lower quality or more synthetic products … but IMO opinion better quality/value is worth it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

1 Like

LOVE These Super Soft 100% Bamboo Viscose SheetsBamboo Sheets! I ordered the White sheet set in Cali King. I decided to order them after seeing some friends recommend Bamboo sheets being so soft. I put them on last night and slept so great! I must add that when you get the package there are washing instructions. It says no regular detergents, or soaps, or fabric softener. Best type are those that are made specifically from natural materials. Don’t use bleach at all. It says to use a mixture of baking soda and white vinegar for whitening. It also says bamboo doesn’t pick up odors, which is great when you have a few dogs sleeping with you!

Hi Monty,

I removed your link because promotional posts or advertising aren’t allowed on the forum (see the forum rules here). It’s also unusual for a member here to link to a commercial and “promotional” site on their first post on the forum … Promotional posts are not allowed, so please pay attention to the forum rules here .

Phoenix

Actually, I searching for a badsheet tucker, can anyone suggest me which bedsheet tucker should I use?

We are sleeping on 220 thread count cotton percale sheets made by Cuddle Down, a Canadian company (cuddledown.ca). Note that it’s not the same as Cuddledown (one word; cuddledown.com).

The thread count may seem low, but don’t let that fool you. The quality is amazing and the thickness is incredible. It has a beautiful crispness to it. It’ll easily last 10 years or more.

We got our set online from North Shore Linens in Vancouver. They had the lowest price in Canada. Bettenhaus in Toronto was a close second.

Hi RohitJ.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

Are you looking for a device that helps you tuck the sheets in, or are you looking for something that helps to keep them in place once you’ve made the bed?

NikkiTMU

Hey Nikki TMU,

Yes, I am looking for a device that helps me tuck the sheets in.

Actually someone suggested me this - https://ixwallet.org/bed-scrunchie-review/ and I am unable to understand will this work for me or not. Can you Please help me!

Thanks
Rohit J

Hi RohitJ.

The product you shared will help keep your sheets in place once the bed has been made, but won’t help assist you in actually getting the sheets placed. For that, you’d probably want to look into something like this or this and then a bed scrunchie type product would help keep them in place.

I hope this helps.
NikkiTMU

I sleep on a cotton bedsheet. Here are the benefits of using cotton bedsheets:

1. It’s breathable
  2. Soft on your skin
  3. It lasts much longer
  4. It’s low maintenance

what difference between extra deep 40cm and 25cm fitted sheets. plz suggest to me the best king size bed fitted sheets
https://imperialrooms.co.uk/products/plain-extra-deep-40-cm-fitted-bed-sheetshttps://imperialrooms.co.uk/products/plain-extra-deep-40-cm-fitted-bed-sheets

suggest me other brand provide hight quality fitted sheets

I have one of the egino sheets. Basically its a jersey cotton sheet well made. They only sell fitted sheets because jersey works extremely well fitted on a latex/foam mattress, jersey does not do well as a flat sheet. So one is always looking for a flat sheet to match or go with the fitted sheets. Egino has a great color selection! Mostly jersey sheets come in basic almost primary colors so having the choice of colors from Egino is nice.