What Is Right For Me - Natural Latex or Blended Latex Mattress?

I’m looking to buy a new memory foam mattress and have severe dust allergies as well as asthma. I’ve used latex mattresses all my life and recently discovered these were blended latex. I’ve since com across natural latex which seems to be much more comfortable to sleep on.

Has anyone have any experience with this and tell me if there is a MAJOR difference?

Hi gregjackson,

While I can certainly help with “how” to choose … It’s not possible to make specific suggestions or recommendations for either a mattress, manufacturers/retailers, or combinations of materials or components because the first “rule” of mattress shopping is to always remember that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved that are unique to each person to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict or make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components or which type of mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, or PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) or how a mattress will “feel” to you or compare to another mattress based on specs (either yours or a mattress), sleeping positions, health conditions, or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more reliable than your own careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in step 4 of the tutorial) or your own personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here and more about how Dunlop compares to Talalay in general in post #7 here but the best way to know which type or blend of latex you tend to prefer (either Dunlop or Talalay made with natural or synthetic rubber or a blend of both) will be based on your own testing and/or your own personal experience and perhaps more importantly on the specific design of the mattress and whether it’s a good “match” for you in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences).

There is also more about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

Phoenix

PS ADDED: I have removed the advertising link that you added to your post and have also banned your mattress forum user account for spamming along with the other user accounts that you have used to spam the same link.