What is the best mattress protector for a new latex mattress???

Hello,

Looking for advice on what mattress protector I should use. Purchased a Pranasleep Asana 6.3 latex mattress last week and want to be sure to protect it to keep the warranty intact. Bought the SafeRest Premium protector from Amazon, but we’ve noticed it sleeps very “hot.” Sending that back and hoping I can find a cooler sleeping protector fast. Appreciate any guidance here…thank you!

Brian

Hi brian24,

There is more about the pros and cons of the different types of mattress protectors in post #89 here. The protector you purchased is one of the thinner “membrane types” of protectors which are mostly waterproof but they are also less breathable than other types of protectors so for some people they can sleep warmer.

Phoenix

Thank you very much for your feedback…I really appreciate it.

I do have a cover that I would consider a “pad” as opposed to a protector. It is cotton on top, then 100% polyester. Would this be sufficient for a protector against normal wear/tear and skin oil staining the mattress?

Hi brian24,

I don’t know the specifics of your mattress pad so I really don’t know. It would certainly offer “some” protection but whether it was “enough” protection would also depend on the person and on how much they perspire (see here).

You could test it by taking a cup or two of water and sprinkling it on the mattress pad and then rub it in a little to see how much of it goes through the pad.

Phoenix