What mattress should I get

Hi,
Been mattress shopping a few weeks now. And need help with suggestions.

The best feeling mattress we tested in store was a hotel collection by airloom, it looks like it’s a hybrid innerspring with several different layers of foam and a hand tufted top they call “streamline”. It does feel amazing however I have trouble swallowing paying for a mattress over 4K. Here is a link of the exact model we tested. King size luxury firm. Does anyone know anything comparable? We’re possibly looking at a wink bed luxury firm, or firmer, not sure which one is best. We tried some latex mattresses from posh and lavish but they didn’t blow us away.

Some info on us
I’m 5’10 235 lbs, and am primarily a back sleeper.
My gf is 5’4 130lbs mostly side and some back.
She actually likes firm, and I like medium-firm.
We currently have a leesa original for almost 8 years, and it’s just not comfortable anymore, I’ve been talking about replacing it for about a year. I don’t think it does well for people over 200lbs with the wear of the foam.

Thanks for all that you do

No responses so far.
theirs no where to try a winkbed close to use, closest store they carries then is in another state about 4 hours away.

Dont buy the Macys Airelooms. They took out coils and cheapened it for Macys. Im the same weight as you. Go for nonMacys Aireloom Preferred Streamline Luxury Firm. Perfection!!!

Also look at Aireloom Preferred M1 Luxetop Firm.

The Aireloom are often rebadged in different markets. I went to a store that had VISpring and Aireloom. I liked Aireloom better. The top surface “sink in” was softer. VISpring felt very traditional and you slept on top of it.

Hi Jrob8604, welcome to The Mattress Underground :slight_smile:
Glad to have you here.

[quote] Been mattress shopping a few weeks now. And need help with suggestions.

The best feeling mattress we tested in store was a hotel collection by airloom, it looks like it’s a hybrid innerspring with several different layers of foam and a hand tufted top they call “streamline”. It does feel amazing however I have trouble swallowing paying for a mattress over 4K. Here is a link of the exact model we tested. King size luxury firm. Does anyone know anything comparable? We’re possibly looking at a wink bed luxury firm, or firmer, not sure which one is best. We tried some latex mattresses from posh and lavish but they didn’t blow us away.[/quote]

[quote] Some info on us
I’m 5’10 235 lbs, and am primarily a back sleeper.
My gf is 5’4 130lbs mostly side and some back.
She actually likes firm, and I like medium-firm.
We currently have a leesa original for almost 8 years, and it’s just not comfortable anymore, I’ve been talking about replacing it for about a year. I don’t think it does well for people over 200lbs with the wear of the foam.[/quote]

Not surprising your Leesa is wearing out, as most ‘big-box’ mattresses tend to have inexpensive memory foam which can develop ‘ruts’ or divots after a few years of use. With higher BMI, especially as a back sleeper, you want a durable supportive mattress – you may want to review theMattress Specifications You Need To Know and the Mattress Durability Guidelines to become more familiar with what you are looking at in regards to mattress materials and construction. Also theMattress Shopping Tutorial can give you a better idea of how to personally review any bed you are considering. Comfort is subjective and is based on your stats (height, BMI, sleeping position(s) and any health conditions) and your PPP (posture and alignment, pressure relief and personal preferences). You said you did not like the latex mattresses you tried – were they too firm? Or just not comfortable? The best way to choose a mattress, of course, is to try it out in person, of if possible – and this allows you to ‘cross off’ certain styles and materials that you find uncomfortable. I would certainly caution against any low-density inexpensive foams (as your previous mattress) in general for a sleeper of your stats, as it probably will not hold up over time.

The mattresses you mention – the Aireloom Streamline Luxury Firm, the WinkBeds Luxury Firm, like many of the major retailers, are not transparent with the density, construction and even layer thicknesses of the components in their products, making it hard to appraise how it may hold up for a consumers’ size and sleeping style, and to provide ‘comparable’ mattress options; Macys’ version was created to give Aireloom market placement in the mid-range mattress market.

Finally, If you are considering ordering online, You may want to review the offerings of the
Trusted Members of the site; By providing them with a little information, they all have great experience in matching consumers to mattresses that fit their needs, and they have great trial and return policies, and generally ship anywhere in the U.S.

There are many factors that will influence what mattress you should buy. (Do you prefer a softer mattress or a firmer one?) And of course, budget is always a factor to consider.
Once you have a good idea of what you want, you can start to narrow down your choices and make a decision.
Plus! the best way to figure out which mattress is right for you is to research the different types of mattresses and read reviews from people who have purchased them. One easy way to get this done is to look up Amazon website review section for each chosen mattresses.
In my opinion, these are the top mattress brands you can look out for.
1). Casper
2). Best Price Mattress
3). Saatva
4). Helix
Good luck!

Jrob8604:

I’d advise caution in following the “advice” proffered by Richz, or anything similar. Using reviews and opinions is one of the least reliable ways to select a mattress, and Phoenix has written about this many times through the years. Probably his best summary emphasizing the need to focus upon componentry versus opinion is in this post. The links provided by Basilio in his previous reply will guide you through a much more objective path and assist in you making an informed and educated decision.