What to do with unused latex layers - cutting service or diy cutting

So I may end up with an unused Twin XL soft D65 3" layer. It’s possible I could reuse it in building a bed for my daughter but I would only want to build a regular Twin, not an XL. The other thing is I might not want it to be 3" thick, but rather 2" thick.
Am I out of luck here because to try to DIY slice a latex layer down from 3" to 2" seems impossible, and even hacking it down from XL length to normal Twin seems daunting as far as getting an even cut.
Are there any companies that provide cutting services? I realize the cost of shipping the layer(s) to/from any companies may be almost high enough to make it better to just buy a new layer.

What would one do with an extra unused latex layer? I hate to just throw it away. Are there places to donate such a thing? Has anyone else who did a DIY bed had this same problem, and what did you do with your extras?

Hi amnj,

For shortening the length of a piece of foam, there are some instructions for cutting foam in post #3 here and some additional posts about cutting foam with more comments and some pictures in post #19 here and post #1 here.

As for slitting the thickness from 3" to 2", that requires specialized machinery and the only option that would make economic sense would be if you had a foam fabricator or manufacturer close to home who would offer such a service, as the equipment for this (specifically latex) is quite specialized, and shipping to a fabricator who offers such a service would more than likely end up being more expensive, or at least close to the price of a new piece of foam.

Phoenix