What's available in my area?

Could you direct me to factory direct outlets and independent smaller manufacturers that are near the 15071 zip code?

Hi Ashes,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the general Pittsburgh area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Yes, I had read both links & about 90% of info at mattress underground prior to posting my question. Wondering if you know anything about Bodnar Mattress & Quilting Co in Carnegie, PA and Rainbow Bedding Ltd in Sugar Creek, OH? I can’t find much about either in relation to what they use to build a mattress. I had a mattress from Bodnar & was very happy with it. I had it for about 20 years before passing it on to my grandson. In all ways it is still a new mattress. I’m still looking for the same firmness but with more comfort on the top layer.

Hi Ashes,

I’m not familiar with them so I don’t know anything about the mattresses they are building. I tried to call them but they were closed so I’ll have to call them when they are open to ask them about the mattresses they are building. If they are typical of most smaller local manufacturers though … they will be transparent about the materials they are using and will probably be using higher quality materials in lower budget ranges than their mainstream competitors. Thanks for the heads up and for letting me know about them :slight_smile: ADDED: I had the chance to talk with Kevin the owner and you can see my comments about them in the Pittsburgh list here. I was very impressed with what they told me about their mattresses and they would certainly be well worth a visit.

You can see some comments about them in the Youngstown list in post #2 here and the posts that are also linked in their description. They would certainly be well worth considering for anyone that is within reasonable driving distance.

Phoenix

I would like to know the best places to buy a mattress in Phoenix, AZ. I have a Kingsdown in a queen that I like, but am changing to a king. I had a Tempurpedic and a Sleep Number bed for several years each and didn’t like either. I have been happy with the Kingsdown, but not opposed to looking at other options. I don’t want to spend a huge amount. I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Hi kgallenbeck,

I switched your post to a new topic of its own so it wouldn’t get mixed up with another member’s topic.

The first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, ad gidelines you will need to make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones (including all the manufacturers you were mentioning along with all the other major brands or any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the type and quality of the materials inside it … see this article).

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Phoenix area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #4 here. You are very fortunate to live in the area because 4 of the manufacturing members of the site are based there and you have the chance to test their mattresses in person while most of the forum members can only order them online.

Phoenix