Where can I go to test out all natural latex mattresses in my area??? Milwaukee, WI.

I’m interested in purchasing a latex mattress, but have no idea where I could find local places that would carry quality all natural latex mattresses. Anyone know of stores in the Milwaukee or even Chicago area?

Thanks!

Hi Barra,

Some of the better options in the Milwaukee area I’m aware of are listed in post #2 here and in the Chicago area are listed in posts #2 and #4 here.

Phoenix

Thank you for the info. I’m thinking we may check out Beloit mattress and possibly Ken Michaels Furniture but I do have a few more questions if you could help?

My husband and I are both side sleepers and currently end up with back problems because the bed we have dips in the middle and we either end up on our backs or stomachs because of rolling towards the middle.

I am 5’5", 145lbs and have a curvy shape, yet always prefer a firm mattress, but do find I get pain on my pressure points after a while.
My husband is 5’11", 230lbs and likes a softer mattress.

We slept on a tempurpedic while on vacation once and LOVED it, however we don’t want the issues with off-gassing and hot feel (wake up sweaty) from memory foam.

I’m thinking 100% latex with a wool/cotton cover, but don’t know where to go from there regarding natural talalay vs natural dunlop and what thickness to look for in layers (if local stores even carry beds that are customizable???)

We have to get something soon as our lack of quality sleep is taking it’s toll. We understand this is an investment, but also don’t want to spend more than necessary to get what we are looking for. We sadly purchased 2 beds already in the last 8 years and don’t want to end up wasting money. Is $2000-$2500 a reasonable price point for what we want?

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

Hi Barra,

I would avoid the temptation to try and design your mattress ahead of time. With careful and objective testing your body will tell you which type of latex you prefer and which design and layering is the best match for you in terms of PPP.

This would depend to some degree on the size you are looking for (larger sizes are more costly) and whether you also need a foundation but I would think so yes.

Phoenix