Where can I try a latex mattress in or near the Sierra Foothills

I live in Angels Camp, CA in the Sierra Nevada Foothills. I am very interested in a latex mattress in a split CA King, and preferably an adjustable base, but I want to be able to at least try one in person before ordering online or purchasing. Are there any stores that you know of within 50 miles or so that carry a latex mattress that my husband and I can try? My zip code is 95222.

Thanks,
2sleepers

Hi 2sleepers,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in the Modesto/Stockton area list in post #7 here.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

I appreciate your help, but after a lot of discussion with my husband on the research I had done, we ended up buying a Tempurpedic split Cal King with an adjustable base at our local furniture and appliance store. My husband chose the firmest mattress they offered (Contour Supreme) and I chose the new hybrid Tempur-Flex in a medium firmness. Our local dealer was very accommodating, and we spent less money than either of our two adult children who had purchased from a big chain and at least $1000 less than the online quote… We were the only people in the store looking at mattresses and we were able to spend as much time as we needed testing the various types and firmness - with NO pressure from the owner at all He left us alone so we could talk and discuss what we liked or didn’t and if we wanted to make the purchase.

Because this is a small town and he is a relatively small dealer, there would be a fee to exchange or return. I am not anticipating having to return, but I may want to exchange. I had a very hard time deciding between the Flex (Hybrid) and the Cloud Supreme, but I seemed to be able to move better on the Flex and it still seem to be good on my pressure points.

Our dealer also included two king Tempur pillows (Value around $300) and mattress covers in the deal. Because he needs to order, we should have our bed(s) by the end of next week with free delivery and setup. Now I just need to decide if I want to purchase their sheets or others from regular retailers.

I will let you know how we like the bed - we already have the pillows and are looking forward to using them tonight!

2sleepers

Hi 2sleepers,

While a Tempurpedic wouldn’t normally be the first or the “best value” choice for most of the members here because there are many other memory foam options that are available that use similar or better quality materials and sell for lower prices … at least the Tempurpedic Contour Supreme uses good quality/density materials so there are no lower quality materials or weak links that would compromise the durability and useful life of the mattress.

If you aren’t in a higher weight range then the lower quality/density polyfoam in the Tempur Flex mattresses would probably be OK in terms of durability as well.

There is more about both of the mattresses you purchased in post #2 here.

If you are confident that both of the mattresses you purchased are a good “match” for you in terms of PPP and/or any exchanges that you do would be for another Tempurpedic (I wouldn’t consider any of the other major brand mattresses that they carry because of the low quality and less durable materials they use) and if you aren’t price sensitive and don’t mind paying higher prices and researching other similar options isn’t as important to you … then at least you made some good quality choices (one more than the other) … and congratulations on your new mattresses :slight_smile:

Phoenix