Where can we test a bed from Dreamfoam Bedding?

My wife and I are considering a new mattress from Dreamfoam Bedding. We live in Southern California. Is there a store we can test the products from Dreamfoam Bedding?

Thank you

I’m 99% sure Dreamfoam is exclusively online. You can probably recreate their mattresses pretty well in any factory store that deals in latex (assuming you want latex and not the gel memory foam). Ask to lay on a polyfoam mattress with 3" of talalay latex. Ask what the ILD is and cross reference it with Brooklyn Bedding’s ILD chart (note this chart only works with Brooklyn Bedding and Dreamfoam mattresses) here: Brooklyn Bedding - Brooklyn Bedding

I did exact;y what JDWDC suggested and visited a local mattress store. I was shopping for the Ultimate Dreams 13" Gel Memory Foam Mattress and I was able to find a Cloud Luxe which compares tot he Dreamfoam.

Hi bweaver,

This would depend on which of the Dreamfoam mattresses you were looking at. For some (such as the 13" gel memory foam") they provide you with information about a widely available mattress that has a similar “feel” (in this case the Tempurpedic Cloud Lux except they have said that their mattress is just a bit firmer).

In other cases (as JDMWDC mentioned) you would need to find a local mattress that had a similar design and materials which would approximate the one you were considering. I would also keep in mind though that any differences between them in terms of the materials in the mattress, the type of cover and quilting over the latex, and the softness/firmness of each layer in each mattress would also have an effect on how they compared both in terms of “feel” and how they performed in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) so I would treat local testing as an “approximation” unless every layer and component of the mattress was exactly the same in all respects.

There are some good local options available to you in post #2 here (Los Angeles) or in post #2 here (San Diego) that have good quality and value and that you could test in person if the lower risk of a local purchase or making the wrong choice is attractive to you or that you could use as an “approximation” for an online choice.

Phoenix