Where is the best place to buy

I live in the bay area of California and i need some advice on a good place to buy a mattress. My last mattress was from sleep train.

Hi jim1174,

The first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

Once you get to step 3 in the tutorial then the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the San Francisco/Berkeley/Oakland areas (subject to making sure that any specific mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix