Where to buy adjustable base / foundation / bed online?

I’'ve finally decided on my new bed! Houstonians, before you purchase, visit Texas Mattress Makers. They have everything you would want - coil, memory foam and latex, at much better prices. Plus, they give a 10%discount for mattress underground members, plus you will pay no taxes on both the mattress and the frame with a Drs prescription. Good delivery prices as well. I ended up with a memory foam, not too firm and not too soft. Coming from sleeping on a coil mattress all my life, I was afraid i would have an adjustment period, but from the first night, it felt as good it did in the display room, and comfortable all night long. A slight chemical smell for a week, but not enough to keep me off of it. Has it helped with my back issues? I would say there is a small improvement so far. I have no issues with the bed being too warm, but again, it is not summer in Houston, so we’ll see how it is then. TMM sells Rize adjustable bases, which I got the new contemporary model, and they also are at a much better price than elsewhere. This model seems to have a flaw where the material near the electric outlet has a small tear on both sides of the base. They replaced the whole base with no issues. I got a St Dormeir wool mattress pad because I didn’t want something that would change the feel of the mattress too much, but would provide some moisture resistance. I’m kind of neutral on the product. It is fine, I would make that choice again, and although it says it will fit up to 12" mattress, mine is 13" and it works fine, even with the adjustable frame. Lastly, on the linens, I will bring this up because I have not seen comments here for this site - Vero Linnens sell good quality Giza Cotten sheets. You never know what you are getting when reading thread count and “Egyptian” Cotten, but this site sells the best Giza Cotten sheets and directly to consumer, so, while still expensive, at a lower price than you could find elsewhere. They are also woven in Italy. I could really see and feel the difference, (and I liked my previous sheets, but they are 25 years old, like my previous bed, and getting a bit threadbare). They also sell a nice lavender linen spray. Hope this helps others with their decisions, as this site helped me so much with my decisions, and also saved me money; I had not even heard about Texas Mattress Makers before coming here, plus the extra discounts…Sweet Dreams!

Hi Cobalt,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you ended up deciding and for sharing your experience with Texas Mattress Makers as well … I appreciate it!

As you know I think highly of Texas Mattress Makers and you certainly made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

It also sounds like you made some great quality choices with your adjustable bed, your mattress protector, and your Egyptian Cotton sheets … and thanks for the feedback about Vero Linens as well.

Phoenix

I don’t know if you found an adjustable bed yet, but I found a great places recently that works great!
The story is that my wife wanted to buy one, and she had my come look at the computer so we could buy one (for $8,600) I thought I would take a look around the net first.
I found www.premiumbedoutlet.com and we bought their california king.
We paid $2,900 and saved over $5,000! I went to the gambling boat after that… jk jk
This bed is amazing though! USB ports (which the other beds didn’t have), two remotes, zero-gravity position, mattresses, foam pillows, and bed sheets in one package. They even delivered and set it up for free (which again we were going to pay for all these extras from three other places including tempurpedic). We just had to buy the bed and it came with everything! We didn’t have to buy this and buy that and get addons. It was a very simple process.
Trust me that the people at premiumbedoutlet.com were quick and responsive. We slept on an adjustable bed for the first time within a week.