Where to buy? Wichita, Kansas

Hi case07,

There are a couple of factory direct outlets in Wichita that may be worth including in your research …

Furniture Row® Store Locations - Store Hours & Addresses Regional factory direct manufacturer which makes a range of mattresses including innersprings, hybrids, and two iChoice models which are mostly latex but give you the option of a latex or memory foam comfort layer… I would avoid the major brands that they also carry.

http://www.sleeplevel.com/ Local factory direct outlet with a warehouse in Wichita but you can go there to test their mattresses. I spoke with Mark the owner and he is trying to do things “right”. They are a newer company that is sold mainly through various shows and displays in the region. They use high quality materials in their mattresses but are in a more premium price range compared to some other factory direct manufacturers. They would be worth including in your testing if you are looking at mattresses in the iComfort budget range (they compare favorably to these in quality and value). Their website prices are higher than they actually charge at tradeshows and local displays so make sure if you go here that you ask them for their discounted prices.

Some of the “alternative brands” that seem to be sold in the area in various places (when I did a quick scan) and that may have better value than some of the larger brands include Restonic and Englander. If you consider any of these (or others) it becomes very important to know the quality of the materials and the layering of the mattress so you can identify the “weak link” of the mattress which is a big part of its durability and finding a retailer that will tell you this (either from their spec sheets or a call to the factory) is important.

Some possibilities for other retailers in and around Wichita that may be worth including in your research or testing is in post #4 here.

Bamboo is a form of viscose or Rayon which is breathable, soft, and wicks moisture very well. It’s is becoming very popular as a “premium” fiber in mattress tickings but it’s not quite as “natural” as many people would have you believe.

Phoenix