where to go for mattress in Ventura, Ca

Hi, I live in Ventura, Ca and would like some help in locating places to shop for memory foam mattresses. I’ve read your tutorial and am concerned about being able to lay on the mattress before purchase. Buying a mattress that won’t last because of poor quality is a mistake I’d like to avoid. I did like the feel of the icomfort savant everfeel plush but the poor quality core support layers aren’t worth the cost. I have lower back and neck injuries and can’t seem to find a mattress that is comfortable for both areas. My sleep positions are back and 1 side, even then I wake up in pain in 1 area or another. After having bad experiences with purchasing a mattress online that caused me more pain than my old saggy one I definitely need to see it in person first. Any suggestions and advice are much appreciated.

Hi Trinitee64,

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Ventura/Santa Barbara areas (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

My best “general” suggestion would be to follow all the guidelines and steps in the tutorial one at a time.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding … and of course any comments or any specific questions you may have that I can help with along the way.

Phoenix

Hi, thank you for all the information provided here. Its been an incredible education regarding mattresses. I did find your info and suggestions about LA and found the Select bed distributors. I’m torn between the all latex and latex/memory foam combination. I have neck and In fact, I’m planning to go to the showroom in Westlake.

Hi Trinitee64,

Assuming that the materials in a mattress you are considering are durable enough for your body type and meet the guidelines here … the choice between different types and combinations of materials and components or different types of mattresses (see this article) are more of a preference and a budget choice than a “better/worse” choice.

There is more about how memory foam compares to latex in post #2 here but the most reliable way to know which combinations of materials you tend to prefer in “real life” will be based on your own careful testing or personal experience.

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback after your visit.

Phoenix