Where to shop in the albany ny area

My husband and I liked the beautyrest legend at Sleepys but after reading some of the posts on this site and others we think we should shop around some more before making our purchase. Where do you suggest shopping in the Albany, NY metro area. The zip code is 12180. We are both restless during the night and waking up sore in the morning. We tend to be back and side sleepers. We generally feel most comfortable with a mattress that has some cushion for hips and shoulders when side sleeping abut not too soft. Do you commend a particular brand. Money not a concern within reason.

I recommend

Old Brick Furniture - Albany
33-37 Warehouse Row
Albany, NY 12205
(518) 438-9600

http://www.oldbrickfurniture.com/current/stores/storelocator.aspx

I have purchased 3 serta mattresses from them and am very happy.
BTW they say the sales folks do not receive commission.

Sears and usmattress are having sales this weekend

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/95766/us-mattress-simmons-beautyrest-sealy-posturepedic-mattress-sale-elite-palisades-park-queen-size-700-classic-euro-top-queen-size

Hi Rldoyle,

The first place to start is always post #1 here which will give you all the basic information steps and guidelines you will need to make good choices. It will also help you avoid the worst choices including the major brands that you were looking at and that were suggested by the last poster.

The better options or “possibilities” in the Albany NY area I’m aware of are listed in post #4 here.

@ gg,

While I appreciate that you may feel good about the service you received at Old Brick … they don’t sell any mattresses that I would even consider. It’s a little “odd” that your first post here on a site that is about transparency and knowing the quality of the materials in a mattress as much as anything else is to suggest the very types of mattresses and brands that are among the least transparent in the industry and that should be avoided by anyone who wants to make informed buying decisions or make meaningful quality and value comparisons between mattresses.

These are usually the types of initial posts that are made by either employees, owners, or others with an interest in the the stores themselves that look for specific search terms on the internet for opportunities to promote themselves (which is against the rules of the forum) and I hope this isn’t the case here and that you just hadn’t read any of the information on the site or forum about how to shop for a mattress and why to avoid these types of manufacturers.

Phoenix