Where to start in Sioux Falls, South Dakota?

Hi dbergan,

If the law tag says 100% latex then it would probably be all latex (even though it wouldn’t specify the type or blend of the latex).

There is also more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here.

Based on the videos I’ve seen … it’s possible that one of the layers with the pincore holes (probably the Duron) is latex (although it could also be something else as well) … but the rest of the materials certainly didn’t look like latex to me.

NOTE ADDED: I have talked with Chad and have confirmed that none of the materials in any of the Beds by Design mattresses are either synthetic or natural latex and they are versions of polyfoam. Some of the materials are high performance polyfoams that are certainly a good quality material and have many of the properties of latex but are less costly than “real” latex (synthetic or natural).

If you ask him again and post the information on the forum it would probably be helpful to identify what he is using.

Nobody needs to know the chemical formula of a material … just the thickness, type, and density (in the case of memory foam or polyfoam) or the thickness, type and blend (in the case of latex) of all the layers in the mattress.

I also know that in the past they used to call one of the foams they used latex when it wasn’t (see post #2 here)

Providing incorrect information doesn’t mean they are lying if they believe what they are telling you is correct (even if it isn’t) … they could just be misinformed.

It’s really not all that difficult to find out all the information here for any mattress you are purchasing if you are dealing with a transparent manufacturer and to also check the law tag for your mattress (and post a picture on the forum if you wish as well). This is the “basic” information that you need to make an informed choice and to make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses in terms of quality and durability … no more and no less.

Phoenix