Which DreamFoam mattress to choose?

I think I have read so much info on memory foam vs latex, etc. that my eyes are starting to bleed. I am woman enough to admit defeat - I need some help, please.

My husband and I visited our local store to try out different Tempurpedic models (as many manufacturers use the feel of their mattresses to those models). Just as a point of reference, we tried the Cloud Supreme, the Supreme Breeze, Cloude Luxe, and the Rhapsody Breeze. We both readily agreed that the Cloud Luxe is the type of feel we are looking for.

I did a fair amount of reading on this site before going…so I knew that the Dynasty’s answer to the Grand Bed wasn’t going to be a good choice of manufacturer, so I didn’t try out the Grand Bed (but if looks counted - they make a pretty bed! lol)

With all that said - we come home to pull up the DreamFoam mattresses to make our purchase and I want to go back over the reviews/comments “one more time” before pulling the trigger…and that’s where I derailed. We KNOW we want a feel like the Cloud Luxe - the others just felt too firm…with that said, we were going with the 13" Ultimate Dreams Gel Memory Foam (great reviews, compared over and over again to the Cloud Luxe and it has the gel which I find a plus) BUT then I read reviews on the Ultimate Dreams Latex (which is 10"). Now I am undecided. I understand that the latex mattress can be made to order for softness, but in reading the comments, where someone quoted responses to questions he posed to the manufacturer, it was said in response to whether they use100% natural 3 inch Talalay latex “-We use a blended latex. It is a combination of natural latex and synthetic latex.” and another person posted a LONG comment about how they have changed their materials since his first review and buyers need to be aware that they now use 1.5lb of high density base foam instead of the 2.35lb.

Soooooooooo…which one? Which of the two mattresses is going to come closest to the feel of the Temp Cloud Luxe?

~Trin

Dreamfoam is Brooklyn Beddings sister company and sell their mattresses at a value price. If your looking for a step up in quality try their site and you will have a wider range to choose from. Brooklyn Bedding/Dreamfoam are top notch companies and the price difference between the two will reflect the quality of the materials and the customer service you will receive so if your saving money going with one versus the other keep in mind that you will be getting what you pay for.

Hi Triniti,

The choice between latex and memory foam would be a personal preference and if you are considering latex it would make sense to test some latex or latex hybrid mattresses to find out which material you would prefer to sleep on. Post #2 here has more about comparing latex to memory foam but your own personal testing and experience is the most reliable way to know which one you would prefer.

I’m not sure why you would be concerned about blended Talalay latex when it’s one of the highest quality and most durable foam materials available (and in softer ILD’s would be a little more durable than 100% natural). There is more about the different types of latex in post #6 here.

Mattress reviews can be among the worst ways to assess the quality or value of a mattress (see post #13 here) and I would be very cautious about how much you rely on them. You can see my comments about the change (which was long ago) and the particular review you are probably referring to in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

There is more about “matching” one mattress to another in post #9 here but latex is very different from memory foam so if the Cloud Luxe is your “target” then a memory foam mattress that is designed to approximate it would be much closer to the “feel” and performance of the Cloud Luxe than than a latex or latex hybrid mattress although either one would make a high quality and good value choice if it was a good match for you in terms of PPP.

Phoenix

So, I just got off the phone with Chuck (what a nice guy!) and he answered all my questions about the two different mattresses, mattress covers, and his suggestions for what type of base it should rest on.

Based on what my husband and I wanted (i.e. Cloud Luxe feel) , I place my order for the DreamFoam’s 13" Ultimate Dreams Lux Gel Memory Foam Mattress. Can’t wait to receive the mattress and pillow, I made sure to tell him that I did the majority of my research on your site and that this forum was instrumental i my decision.

Phoenix, thank you for all that you do!

~Trin

Hi Triniti,

I think you made a great quality/value choice and certainly the better of the two you were considering if the Cloud Luxe was your reference point.

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to share your feedback when you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix