Will this bed and mattress fit?

Hello. I’m trying to buy this bed and mattress for my parents. I want to know if they will fit.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/27414282
http://www.walmart.com/ip/21685847

edit - more details

Queen (selectable options) Mattress - 80" x 60" x 10
Bed…90" x 64" x 42"

Is the Bed too big for the queen size mattress?

edit - o wait, do I need a bed frame?

Hi Xellon,

I’m thinking they should fit. You would need a frame of some sort unless you already have (your parents already have) a frame and box spring or foundation. The only thing I’m not sure about is placing a coil spring mattress (especially pocket coils) over a slatted foundation. You may need to add something to the frame to go over the slats like a bunky board or bed rug. If there isn’t something for continuous support beneath the mattress, it could cause issues where the pocket coils land right between the slats I’m pretty sure.

As far as the mattress/bed sizing, a standard queen is 80x60" so that checks out. If I had to guess, the queen bed dimensions list the maximum measurements - 42" high at the headboard, part of the length (90") includes headboard and footboard. That’s why it seems a lot larger than the mattress.

Hi Xellon,

Ditto to what brass said about the platform bedframe (thanks brass :))

I would also want to make sure that it has good center support to the floor (at least one leg in the middle supporting the midbeam).

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here and I would also want to know the type and quality of all the materials in the mattress to make sure there are no weak links in the mattress. While they are not particularly knowledgeable about mattresses so they can’t really give you good guidance about whether the mattress would be a suitable choice for your parents … the only good thing about buying a mattress from Costco is that you can return it their sleeping experience indicates that it’s not a good match for them in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). There is more about buying a mattress from Costco in post #4 here.

Phoenix